Saturday, 28 September 2013

Happy Birthday


I've been doing a bit of experimenting with this one. I love the look of white on white using die cuts so I thought I'd have a go at creating something similar digitally using CAP2. I did a tutorial here to show how to create a white embossed paper look and adapted that. When you do the embossed part it is actually separate to the main paper until you group or merge them together, so at this point you can make the embossed section into an embellishment that you can see through which allows you to add a shadow to 'lift' it from the page. Having created my cut out section I used a solid shape for the middle and another one to make the outer border before grouping them all together. If you make the shape into a punch, it makes it really easy to do. I created the cut out section as a rectangle and used the punch of the shape to cut it out. The punched corners are an embellishment that I turned into a punch in CAP2, and the embossed parts of the paper were done as per the tutorial mentioned above. To finish it off, I embellished with flourishes, flowers and some ribbon and a couple of bows. I'm not sure if the bows are a step too far though - I'd be interested in your opinions.
I'm entering my card into these challenges:


10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Anne. It looks really 3D and is so delicate. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Anne! I love the embossing and all the little details. You did a wonderful job!

    Please join me for a chance to win FREE candy on my blog. Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Ann and looks so dimensional. The bows look very pretty but the card would look equally lovely without them. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and beautiful card Ann thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz Birthday celebration
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann this is fantastic, well done. Very effective. Thanks for sharing at DSC.
    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Ann, this is gorgeous! WOW!
    Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Ann, wow. I love the color combination. Thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet :-)
    http://digitallysweetchallenges.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ann
    I keep forgetting to publish the comments I have made on this gorgeous card - hubby seems to interupt every time :(
    Love how you have made the frame and also the 'cut out' corners - so very cleverly done tis hard to know they are digital.
    With or without bows this is beautiful....but as you ask...I'd go for without as the lovely frame is fab on its own :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful Ann, I love the delicate look of the blue with the lace frame.
    I'm still trying to get to grips with this programme both for cardmaking and scrapbooking but I don't remember seeing the pretty border punch that you used on your autumn card anywhere (I have got the patch uploaded) Could you point me in the right direction?
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x