Monday, 23 September 2013

Brotherly Love And A Little Advice!

I have two offerings for you today - I'm a bit like buses at the moment, nothing for ages then two come at once! Lol!


I just had to scrap this photo of my great-nephew and niece - Elena was just a few days old when her big brother gave her this bottle, but he looks like he was born to it! I created the page in Craft Artist, using several different kits and one of my own papers which is part of a freebie pack you can get from the Freebies tab at the top of this blog if you want it. I created a mask to add the photo to and then blended it into the paper using luminosity, transparency and the glow edge brush to soften the edges - all in Craft Artist. I also did some re-colouring of elements to tie everything in.

I'm entering my page into these challenges:



This one is a page for an inspirational journal and has some sound advice that both Lewis and Elena could do worse than to follow as they make their way through life - or indeed, the rest of us for that matter. The paper is another from the freebie pack I mentioned above that I overlaid some elements from an art journal digi kit on then changed to white and altered the transparency in Craft Artist. The word art was also created in Craft Artist. The opera singer digi is from Make it Crafty and the dancing fiddle is one of my own. Both were coloured in ArtRage - except for the kilt which was paper pieced. The locket  that has the photos in is one of my own elements as are the two brads.

I'm entering my page into these challenges:
Thank you for dropping by today.

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous LO and thanks for the Freebies xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ann, I see you have not entered 'Brotherly Love' into the OSAAT Anything Goes challenge which is a pity. I'm assuming that technology has not made it possible for you to enter 2 works of art from the one blog page. Please may I take the liberty of commenting on both you creations as I cannot scroll past 'Brotherly Love' and not say anything.
    What a fortunate little lady Elana is to have her big brother to watch over her - Lewis looks so proud to have a little sister. In turn, both Lewis and Elena have hit the jackpot in their Great-Aunt who can record their special moments and display them so beautifully. Your colouring and page layout are jaw-dropping beautiful. Your embellishments so delicate and sensitive and your sentiment tag just gorgeous. Ann, I have a warm feeling of love when I admire this wonderful page so thank you for sharing it with us. Now I'm going to post a seperate comment on the card entered into our challenge xx Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK Anne, now I come to your card that you have entered into our challenge and I cannot help but notice the contrast between the tenderness of 'Brotherly Love' to the humour you use to keep your words of wisdom and inspriation memorable. Your Opera singer and Dancing Fiddle are so entertaining then we see the warm photograph locket - How creative, how very lovely. You do know how to elicit a strong positive emotional response to your creativity. Thank you Ann. Good luck in our challenge this week. Ingrid xx (OSAAT Team)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very sweet page Ann! Lovethe photo and the layout is beautiful!
    Thanks forjoining the TTCRD challenges.
    hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome LO and your journal page is so inspirational! I always love to see your creative work! Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet! Hope you will join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great LOs!!! beautiful heart frames...
    Thanks for joining us this week at Digi Makeover.
    Ardilla :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pages. I have been dabbling with journal swapping and your page is so inspirational! Thank you for joining us at OSAAT. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layouts, being Scottish I love the kiltie :D Thanks for joining us at OSAAT, Carol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful layout and photo as well. Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout! I love the papers you used and the flowers. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge and good luck!
    'Shell
    http://shellscardhaven.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous layouts of your nephew and niece also great humor on the second one!
    Glad you shared with us this round at OSAAT, good luck!
    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska
    http://akstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are just fantastic!
    Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So lovely, just adorable!! Thank you for join us at Creative Moments this week, hugs Kate (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute. Love all your images, and such a wonderful sentiment. Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Maggie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Delightful scrapbook apge with a sweet picture and great layout. Thank uou for entering the CreativeMoments challenge. Leona x x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x