Thursday, 27 June 2013

Double Celebration!


Today I have a page for a general family album that I'm doing to, I suppose, kind of catalogue some of the earlier family photos. I started this a few years ago after my parents passed away and we were sorting through all the photos. As we were doing it we found some that none of us knew who some of the people were or why the photo was taken and I realised that when we were gone there'd be even more like that. It might seem a bit strange to use gold for a silver wedding party, but I couldn't seem to make silver work with the photo. I might try again at some point in the future - that's the beauty of scrapbooking, we can always revisit a page later on and have another go.
For this page I used two kits; a template by Template Dreams and a kit I just treated myself to this morning from Go Digital Scrapbooking called Chut.....Je Reve. The only thing I added was the frame which is one of my own and the word art and journalling.

Challenges:


6 comments:

  1. Gold? Silver? I don't think it matters, Ann, you have made a stunning job of this page....and you hardly look a day older :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, your LO is so awesome! Love the colors and your beautiful design. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout! The colors are beautiful and love all the red and gold scallop design.
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    Kim TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This PERFECT! Love the colors!
    Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous layout! Such pretty flowers and a great way to cherish these memories. Thanks for sharing in our challenge this week. It's a blessing to have you share with us and I hope to see you again very soon in our challenges.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a Beautiful LO and the Gold does work well with the photo! So glad you shared with us at TT this week ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x