Monday, 8 April 2013

Hush Little Baby........


I couldn't resist scrapping this photo from the newspaper of little Jacob and his Mum, it's such a lovely pic of them both. I know she'll have a proper one from the paper in full colour anyway, so I decided to make it black and white for this page. I wanted to keep a nice clean look so decided to go for lots of white and just shades of blue and I'm rather pleased with how it's worked. I created the white embossing and the embossing onto the vellum in Craft Artist. The scalloped borders and chipboard word are both from Template Dreams kits and re-coloured.
Kay was delighted with the other two pages I did of Jacob when I gave them to her and I think she'll love this one too. She hadn't come across scrap booking like this and was blown away by the whole concept so I'm looking forward to giving her this one.
I'm entering my page into these challenges:

I'm just off to rest my sore ribs, but I hope you're having a great day x

15 comments:

  1. Ann, the page is beautiful. You're right, I'm sure Kay will love it. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Ann. I had a play with embossing last night following your tut but need some more practise. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page, love the embossing, very clever, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout! I love the soft hues you chose to use on this layout! Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories this week!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT with your gorgeous layout, I'm sure will be treasured. jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous LO.. The colours are stunning! Love it!
    Thanks for sharing this with us at Lasting Memories..
    Toni - LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful layout, love the simplicity of it and the white with the touches of blue. I always think black and white photo's are best, sharper somehow *smile* Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx

    Cards by Lady Anne

    Lady Anne's Challenge
    Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge
    Lady Anne's: NanaVic's Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely page, the photo is great and I love the little vellum pocket you
    made. Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's: Nana Vic's
    Challenge. I hope we see you again soon.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning lo thanks for sharing it with us CRAFTY CATZ hugs sassyxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How special is this and and good luck with our challenge at Crafty Catz this week

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohhhh what a sweet layout, I love it! I love how it is white with a touch of blue, beautiful.
    Thank you for joining us at lasting memories.
    ClaireR -LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful Ann, I like the embossing and the picture, Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Stash, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow love all the clean colors. The little bit of bold blue is a nice touch. Thanks for playing with Lasting Memories.
    Monica- LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Layout Thanks for joining us This week at love to Create Hugs Sandra DT xx http://careyscards.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks stunning, wonderful image! thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Stash with this cute card!
    xxx, Ally

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x