Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Vintage Scene


I have had a creative ball with this one! It started out with a free cutting file that I've used as a mask and played with in Craft Artist 2. From there, I chose papers to go with it then went to town with embellishments.  I usually fall somewhere between fussy & fancy and clean & simple so this is a bit of a departure for me. I've used a variety of kits and some of the elements are their original colour and some I recoloured to suit the project. The paper is one from the freebie pack available here until 5th April 2013 and the scene is a digi stamp that I coloured (there is a coloured version of it in APPATW kit) then I changed the blend mode to luminosity - effectively getting rid of the colour but keeping all the shadings etc. As the design progressed, it became increasingly vintage and I knew exactly who this card should be for! Our lovely Irene has just turned 70 and she is the queen of vintage. Her 70th birthday also coincides with our final challenge at CACB which was also Irene's 70th as part of the DT! If you get chance, do pop over and wish her a happy birthday - don't forget to leave her a comment on her final DT card too, so that you can be included in the draw for the prize.

I'm entering my card into these challenges:
I hope your day goes well :-)

14 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Ann.
    I think it is very clever how you recolour and the focal scene is particularly lovely.
    Aren't I the lucky one!!
    Thank you Ann :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card. Lovely image and colours. Thank you for entering Creative Card Crew challenge.
    Lou DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is quite unique, I love it. Thanks for playing at Love to Create. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Thank you for playing along at the Creative Card Crew!
    Hugs Iwona

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh this is beautiful. I love the colors and layout. This is an outstanding card. I'm glad I ran across your blog by clicking every which link while I browse cards. Don't know how I got here, but I'm so glad I did! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the papers and colors you chose for your design! Beautiful image, die cuts, and embellies, too! Thank you for sharing this with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again soon! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful image and your paper choices was amazing. Thanks for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion for our "That Is Odd" challenge.

    Anita
    DT Craft Your Passion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Love the die cuts and the colors you have used. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Card Crew. Hope you have a fabulous day!

    - Jenn DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!! Love all your embellishments! Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge Blog!
    Z
    Love to Create Challenge Blog Design Team Member
    http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card. Love the scene! Thanks for sharing at TTCRD.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to the Craft Your Passion "That's Odd" challenge... a unique card indeed! You have put a lot of detail and work into your card and your "Vintage" loving friend will love it!
    Good luck Ann!
    ~ginny
    CYP Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card you have created! Fab design!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at Love to Create.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Mian
    Love to Create Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello my dear! Thanks so much for joining the Creative Card Crew for our "Ribbon" Challenge - I love your Card!

    Make sure to check back to see, who'll be our winner and Top3!

    Hugs, Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty card!!! Thanks for participating in our LOVE TO CREATE challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x