Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Sunset in Paradise

When I saw that this month's theme at Create a scene is Tropical Shores, I couldn't resist getting a bit of virtual sun on my back! I've used one of my own digi stamps, the tropical beach faberge style egg which is a combination of one of the blank faberge style eggs and the tropical beach digi. All three are available here until April 5th. I've coloured it with a mix of sponging and pen (both done digitally - I can lose hours colouring digitally, I think it's because I can get in closely and do more with shading and highlights). I separated the base and used a couple of styles in Craft Artist 2 and I must say that I love the effect. The elements, shaped mats, ribbon and papers are from various kits and the main backing paper was created by adding a holiday picture over a paper and using a luminosity filter then changing the colour. The finishing touch was to digitally 'ink' around the edge of the main bp. I must say that I'd dearly love to be sitting on one of those loungers watching that sunset right now!
I'm entering my card into these challenges:

That's it for today, thank you for dropping by and I hope you're having a good one :-)

11 comments:

  1. The colours on this are gorgeous Ann, I'd love to be there too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful creation! Thanks for joining in at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - beautiful Ann, your colouring is fabulous. Love your didi :) Good luck in this weeks OSAAT challenge and hope to see you back again soon. Hugs Jane OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEautiful card, thank you for joining us at TTCRD this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning elegant card - thanks for sharing at Fussy and Fancy Friday
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! I love that egg and your card. Super job! Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this is amazing... and I wish I was there right now lol... Thanks for playing at Sketch Saturday xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a very cool way of displaying your scene! Thanks for joining us this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ann! Gorgeous card -- love those beautiful images! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week, Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful done!! wow. how you capture the scene in the oval is amazing.
    great colourwork.
    thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so beautiful. I would love to know how you colour digitally and what program you use. Thank you for joining us at Craft A Scene this month. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x