Two to share with you today.
Journal page? Scrapbook page? Neither - it's a card, lol! It could be a combination of all three I suppose. I got the idea for my niece's card after I did the journal pages I blogged a few days ago, I'd been struggling for ideas for this year but when I'd finished the pages it struck me that she'd like them so I thought why not do something similar for her card and this is the result - I think she might like her crown! I've raised the frame and butterfly on foam pads, the butterfly twice. Everything is from the Art Journal 5 kit from Jessica Sprague and I've experimented with some effects in CAP 2.
I hope it'll make her smile - 12 indeed! I don't know what my sister is thinking of letting them (she has a twin brother) grow up this fast!!
I'm entering my card into these challenges:
- Love to Create - Anything Goes
- TTRD - Anything Goes
- Creative Craft - For the kids
- Paper Shelter - Let it be Spring (butterflies, birds singing and pretty pastel colours instead of the horrible grey of winter.)
- Creative Inspiration - Spring colours
- Card Makin' Mamas - Spring colours
As I said she has a twin brother and his birthday is on the same day! Yes, really, lol!! Okay, I'll stop being silly now.
Jamie's card is another that could also be a scrapbook page really. I've used elements from several different kits. They've been on a couple of family cruises and he loved the travelling so I decided to reflect that as well as some of his many other interests - he loves his bike, is very arty and loves to take things to bits just to see how they work! He had to be watched like a hawk when he was little - I can remember him wandering into the kitchen when he was 2 with a fuse in his hand that he taken from a fuse box that was in a cupboard that had been child proofed and asking "what does this do Mammy?" I thought I was going to have to resuscitate my sister!!
I'm entering this card into these challenges:
- OLL - It's a man thing
- Pause Dream Enjoy - Anything Goes
- Delightful Challenges - One for the boys
- One Stop Challenge - Anything Goes
- So Artful - Shades of brown with ecru & cream
- Creative card Crew - Masculine
Thank you for dropping by today, I hope your's is going well :-)