Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Is It A......???

Two to share with you today.


Journal page? Scrapbook page? Neither - it's a card, lol! It could be a combination of all three I suppose. I got the idea for my niece's card after I did the journal pages I blogged a few days ago, I'd been struggling for ideas for this year but when I'd finished the pages it struck me that she'd like them so I thought why not do something similar for her card and this is the result - I think she might like her crown! I've raised the frame and butterfly on foam pads, the butterfly twice. Everything is from the Art Journal 5 kit from Jessica Sprague and I've experimented with some effects in CAP 2.
I hope it'll make her smile - 12 indeed! I don't know what my sister is thinking of letting them (she has a twin brother) grow up this fast!!
I'm entering my card into these challenges:

As I said she has a twin brother and his birthday is on the same day! Yes, really, lol!! Okay, I'll stop being silly now.

Jamie's card is another that could also be a scrapbook page really. I've used elements from several different kits. They've been on a couple of family cruises and he loved the travelling so I decided to reflect that as well as some of his many other interests - he loves his bike, is very arty and loves to take things to bits just to see how they work! He had to be watched like a hawk when he was little - I can remember him wandering into the kitchen when he was 2 with a fuse in his hand that he taken from a fuse box that was in a cupboard that had been child proofed and asking "what does this do Mammy?" I thought I was going to have to resuscitate my sister!!
I'm entering this card into these challenges:

Thank you for dropping by today, I hope your's is going well :-)

12 comments:

  1. I adore both cards Ann. Both fabulous for the individual genders. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are just super! I love all the details and embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge.


    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous Ann. Where did you get the olde worlde map from - it would be perfect for one of my Mongol Rally pages. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann your layouts are beautiful....love them. thank you for joioning us at TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card!! It is such a fun design and I am sure she loved it. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! I love how you have personalised them with a photo of the recipient :) Thanks so much for joining our masuline challenge at Creative Card Crew this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful creation! Thanks for playing along at Creative Inspirations this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! Love the layouts and color choices on each of these! Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab creations.

    Thanks for sharing at Love To Create this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are fab.
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges
    Hugs
    SandraT

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh she is a princess and he is so handsome, thanks for sharing at Creative inspirations with our spring theme.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely projects, both of them. I really liked the LO. Beautiful colours and lovely, matching details. Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La. Hope to see you back soon. Hugs from Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x