Saturday, 30 March 2013

I Wandered Lonely..........


I share the same birthplace as William Wordsworth and can't see daffodils without thinking of the poem! Today's card is in the CAS bracket I think. My favourite dry embossing is when I use white card stock - I think it looks elegant - and I love the embossing folders that are coming out that do the edges or corners. I decided to try to replicate this digitally. The key is getting a 'white' backing paper that is 'white' enough - not easy when we're talking digital. This one is from Easter Song kit by Grey Dragonfly. I made a 4 sided border using one of the designs from the Banners and Dividers kit from Daisy Trail and did the embossing in Craft Artist 2. I'm really quite pleased with how it's turned out. At least this way, I can have my embossed area the size I like without a huge outlay. I decided to use the Host of Golden Daffodils digi stamp in my favourite colour way. This stamp will only be available to buy until this coming Friday, April 5th.  I enjoyed the challenge of making this card and am pleased with the outcome - more white digital embossing here I come! Lol!

I'm entering my card into these challenges:

Thank you for dropping by today, I hope you have a lovely Easter weekend.

14 comments:

  1. Love this card ... great to see you combining didgicrafting with stamping xxx Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann that is beautiful - a technique i am really going to have to find time to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!

    Thanks for playing at NMWC this month.

    Happy Crafting
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really stunning. Love the wonderful digi and how you have colored it. Great CAS look love the embossing.

    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful, Ann. So fresh and definitely springlike.
    You've done a great job with the embossing - a lovely background for your beautiful daffs.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet card. Love the yellow that pops off the card!
    Thanks for sharing at Kaboodle Doodles!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your card is adorable. I so miss seeing the daffodils in vases around my house at present, your card has warmed me up. Thanks for playing along with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the purple and the background of your card (and the flowers off course!) thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles.!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is very beautiful ! Thank you for joining us at NMWC. Christa.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet card and love the colour combo and the embossing-frames it beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card, Ann - the digital embossing looks great and make the perfect frame for the daffodils. Thanx for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x