Wednesday, 13 March 2013

From A Boy To A Man

Upside down post time again! It's hubby's birthday next week so I've been busy with his card. My main image comes from Joanna Sheen's Egyptian Adventures CD. I'm fascinated by Egyptology so pounced on this CD as soon as Joanna brought it out although it's been a little while since I used it. Of all the lovely images on the CD, this one of Tutankhamen's death mask is probably my favourite. Here, I've used the decoupage sheet version that's also on the CD. The papers are all my own as is the 'die cut' shape on the base of the card, the fabulous ornate corners are from Miriam's Scraps and the wonderful swirl is from a Daisy Trail kit. The cartouche is one I created myself from a royalty free black and white image from the internet in Craft Artist 2 and I'm really pleased with how it turned out.



Close up of the cartouche

I'm entering my card into these challenges:
And the reason for my title? Well Tutankhamen was still a boy when he died and is helping me to wish happy birthday to a man!

 


18 comments:

  1. Hi Ann. A wonderful card and your cartouche is so good. Glad to find another lover of Egyptology.
    Your husband is going to love this I am sure.
    Thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol x
    Cd Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a rich looking card. Good job. Thanks for sharing with us at PDE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous card Ann, so opulent - perfect for any man.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Ann, love your colours and your cartouche is fab.
    Tom will treasure this I am sure.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday again.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, love all the detail. Thanks so much for playing along with this week's sketch challenge at Charisma Cardz.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Ann and perfect for a gents card and our challenge. I think the treasures of Egypt hold a fascination all of there own and this is captured byt your card.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really beautiful stunning card - the colours are fab x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really iconic Egyptian image and your card is absolutely stunning.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, love all the detail and rich colour.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous card Ann. Love the main image which you have showcased so well by the rest of the design.
    Thank you for joining us this week.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card. Great interpretation of the sketch. Original theme. Bravo ! Fabulous work !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the gold. You've chosen a great image and your cartouche is fabulous. Great finishing touches.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous card Ann - I think we all have a little something inside of us that is fascinated by Egyptology -I love the fab lay out and that gold is just perfect - I just love this card! - thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really fab card Ann, love the cartouche it looks fab as does the rest of your card :)

    Thanks for joining us for our sketch challenge at Charisma Cardz

    Hugs Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card so well thought out and put together, just right for our challenge this week.
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just wonderful, Ann.
    So opulent with all that gold - Tom is sure to love it.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A stunning card, the gold looks so real, a true royal card. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x