Saturday, 9 March 2013

Fancy Butterfly


This card is made mostly with the digi kit I won recently, Distressed Elegance from Template Dreams. Trish has concentrated on 3 main colours and the result has been to make me think a little differently. Firstly, I don't think I'd have been inclined to use the mustard colour, but it works really well with the other two colours it's been teamed with. I've been wanting to use this gorgeous butterfly but to make it work with this colour way, I needed to change it's colour. The embossed paper is part of the bundle too and is gorgeous. The other things I've used are:
  • a JSP mask
  • corners from Miriam's Scraps (played about with in CAP2)
  • the ribbons either side of the central panel and watch are from my own kits. 
I'm entering my card into these challenges:
Well, that's me for today, I'm just getting dinner ready to pop in the oven later so I can relax and enjoy the 6 nations which is followed pretty much straight after by Merlin :-) Hope you're having a good weekend.


10 comments:

  1. Love this Ann, it looks fabulous. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann this is beautiful, such a nice kit. To be fair it's not a colourway I would have chosen but it is very rich looking and seeing it made up I would maybe be a bit more adventurous.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, your card is gorgeous! Love how you used the clock, very creative! Thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, Ann - really rather lush :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Ann and the colours work well together. It looks like a beautiful kit, congrats on winning it. Off to have a look.
    Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann! Omgosh - this is stunning! Someone will love receiving this beautiful card. I love the embossing to. You're right, I wouldn't think of those colors either, but they certainly work, don't they. Thank you so much for joining us at Digitally Sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous. I tend to think of using blue with silver rather than gold, but I think this has made me change my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, great use of your prize. Thanks for sharing at Digitally Sweet Challenges.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just stunning, wow! Love what you created, and This beautiful cards will make someone's day.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x