Friday, 1 March 2013

A Fond Farewell


This is a rather bittersweet post for me today. Life has changed direction a little for me and I was spreading myself a little too thin - so I've had to do some re-evaluating. This has led to the decision to close Crafty Ann's after 4 years and also to close CACB after 31/2 years, so this is our final challenge at CACB.
It isn't all bad news though, the rest of the DT and I are hoping you'll help us to go out in style and come and join in with our final challenge if you can. Each of us will be drawing a winner from the comments left on our blogs who will win one item of choice from the shop - this includes the scrapbooking kits. There will also be 3 winners from challenge entrants instead of the usual one.
Right, onto my card now and our theme this time is The Sound of Music. I have to admit that this one almost came together by accident while experimenting with doing a digital laser cut in Craft Artist, but I do rather like how it turned out. The 'laser cut' is Music Collage 3 digi stamp and I really like how this works. I've teamed this with the Fit as a Fiddle digi - I paper pieced the kilt and coloured the rest. The quote is by the wonderful Mark Twain of course.
That's it for my final challenge sample - my blog will continue though, you're not getting rid of me that easily, lol!

I'm entering my card into these challenges:


There is also a parting gift for you on the freebies page of the shop which is a pack of 23 12"x12" papers of varying colours and textures so don't forget to collect yours before we close. Thank you for dropping by today, I hope you'll be able to join us this last time.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creation hun, just love it!

    Sorry to read you are closing your challenge blog I used to enter when I could, you will be missed xx

    Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Ann, I love the image, design and fabulous sentiment.
    It is a shame that the challenge is coming to the end and that the shop is closing too. I wish you all the best for the future
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Such a wonderful design! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find sometimes that when you think too hard about your creation it can be reflected within it. When you don't or you think outside the box you can totally amaze yourself. I love your beautiful creation, it's so original. Thank you for sharing with us at TTCRD. I am sorry to hear your news, but I totally get what you're saying when life gets in the way, I know it oh too well. I am sure you will be missed by many, just remember to make sure that you take some time for yourself once in a while. Take with you a ton of personal satisfaction from all your achievements. God Bless. :)S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is absolutely beautiful. Love the design with the violon design. Really love how this makes the card pop!! Thanks for playing at Inky Impressions and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for another challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x