Sunday, 24 February 2013

It's Always The Right Time.......




This card has been inspired by several challenges and I thoroughly enjoyed creating it. I've used a long neglected but well loved image from Joanna Sheen's Fashion boutique CD that I overlaid onto a piece of the same bp as the pinkish one then applied a luminosity filter in Craft Artist 2. Both the bps are my own and just seemed to be the right colour to go with chocolate. The doily  sentiment banner and border panel are from A Picture Paints A Thousand Words from Crafty Ann's. The doily is originally white but I used a couple of styles in CAP 2 to give it the gold foil effect. The border is a mask that I again used a couple of styles on then duplicated another twice to give me this panel. The mug of hot chocolate is one of my own drawings turned into a digi stamp. The tag comes from a lovely freebie kit called Age of Elegance by Sharon Smith Warner that she so generously shared with our Craft Artist ~ Creative CAPpers group on facebook. I've added the text which says "Sending you a hug in a mug!" 

I'm entering my card into these challenges:
  • Daring Card Makers - Hot Chocolate.
  • MTTC - Be inspired by a song - "Chocolate cake for breakfast" by Bill Cosby (yes really - google it!)
  • Top Tip Tuesday - Tag you're it. (Create a tag or feature one on your creation)
  • Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
  • CD Sunday - Hugs and Wishes (I'm sending this hug in a mug along with heartfelt wishes to a friend who is going through the mill at the moment so I hope this fits the criteria, but if it doesn't, just let me know girls and I'll withdraw it.)
  • OSAAT - Use a digi

Last but not least, I'm entering the totally digital layout into the current challenge at Digitally Sweet which is Anything Goes although I haven't used the optional sketch this time.


Thank you for your visit today, I'm just off to watch the rugby (six nations.)


25 comments:

  1. this is fabulous Ann, a hug in a mug, I'll have that any time. Just right for our challenge too, i love how you have done your own mug a used it as a stamp, and all the effects you have used.
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, your card is amazing! I love the effect you achieved on the border and the gold edging on the doily is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot Chocolate is definitely a hug in a mug.
    Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
    Carol
    x
    Cd Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann.

    Hope you are well and having a good weekend. Just love your card it's gorgeous from the image, papers and all elements, they go so well together, beautiful colours too.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Ann! The vintage look is so beautiful!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Ann how could it not fit in with our challenge and I'd take a hug in a mug any time and as your friend is having a tough time it's sent with good wishes too - so it's perfect.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday thisw eek.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is fabulous! I love the way you made the doily look like gold foil! It does look like you used the sketch!
    Thanks for sharing at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this card - the papers and that fabulous image are just perfect - thank you for playing along at MTTC this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card! Great Design you came up with. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely creation Ann. A hug in a mug is a great idea - so yes - it does fit the challenge.
    Thank you for joining us this week.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. A brilliant card & I agree with the ladies - a hug in a jug is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card and a lovely idea too. I hope it makes your friend feel better.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card - love the image!

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very stylish! And that quote is just so, so true :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card and the sentiment on the tag. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I love the image and sentiment. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is perfect for the Daring Cardmaker's "Hot chocolate" challenge. Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love this, it's just perfect all round :) Thanks for joining in with The
    Daring Cardmakers'
    "Hot Chocolater" challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely way to send a hug. Lovely card and sentiment.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely idea Ann and a super thought to send 'a hug in a mug' Beautiful card and I love the image so perfect to this weeks challenge.
    Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, ya got that right!! Love the sentiment and love how you put this all together! Digital is an amazing thing, isn't it? Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card, I love the vintage feel. Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous creation, and well done making your own digi stamp. Thanks for playing at Digitally Sweet.

    hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh this is a gorgeous vintage card. Love the design with the image and layers and congrats on that awsome made digi too. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x