Monday, 25 February 2013

A Right Pair!


This card came about because I decided to experiment a bit. I treated myself to a set of backing papers from  Stuff to Scrap and each paper comes with two more to match - one with a glittery edge and one being a solid glitter. The centre panel has been created from a corner digi - I used 4 to create an embellishment which I turned into a punch in Craft Artist 2. I used this punch to punch the shape out of the glitter paper then replicated it 8 times to create a background. Seeing that parts of it looked like flowers, I created a centre for them from the same paper and gave it a 3D effect. So far, good - but then I had a lovely bp that I didn't want to cover up so what to do with it??? Thankfully, Tina on the Joanna Sheen Forum gave me an idea! The new monthly challenge on the forum is to use a corner (stamp, die, digi etc) and make it the focal point on the project. All the papers that I've used to mat and layer are from the same set and I've teamed them up with my own peacock digi and ribbon and bow from the Eggstravaganza kit (both from Crafty Ann's) that I changed the colour of to suit. I enjoy this form of hybrid crafting because I can have as many layers as I want to and still have the look of lots.
I'm entering my card into these challenges:

Thank you for dropping by today, I hope you're having a good one.

10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Ann - the the centre panel you have created is fab.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty and creative card, love the colours and layout. Thanks for joining us at Joanna Sheen.
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card - love the colour and those peacocks!

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for our Monochrome Challenge!

    Hope you can join us tomorrow when a new challenge launches!

    Hugs

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! your experiment was super successful. I love the card, especially the center panel, and the way you interpreted the sketch. Gorgeous colors as well. Thanks for sharing at Delightful Challenges.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your monochromatic card. The colors are so pretty and awesome layout. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very beautiful card, I love Peacocks. a great colour combo
    Thanks for joining in the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! I love the colors and papers! You did fabulous with your experimenting! :) Thank you for playing with us at Delightful Challenges!
    Be Blessed
    Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Ann, love how you incorporated those fab peacocks. Gorgeous colours, too!
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, take care, Ira x
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the gorgeous colours of your card - its so beautiful - a really great experiment - thank you for playing along at delightful challenges this week hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is sooooo pretty. The colors that you chose are perfect. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x