Tuesday, 6 November 2012

21 Years? Really???


Yes, really! I'm far too young to have a 21 year old GS of course......but then, he is my step GS and I was only 35 when he was born. I love him like he's my own though and always refer to him as my GS and he returns the favour. I must admit that I was a bit stumped for his card this time so I went in search of a suitable kit and found two at Cool Scraps Digital Boutique. This is a new company to me, but I'm very impressed with the quality of the kits. I've used both in the making of this card and am not sure what is from which kit, I'm sorry. They are called One for the boys and Industrial Way II though if that's any help to you.
As I said, I was really struggling this time then I spotted the handle with care box and it just seemed to fall into place. The photo was taken when he was only a day or so old and he's being held by his delighted and very proud Grandad. I added the picture to a frame from one of the kits before adding it to the box then I had great fun creating the rest around it. He's principally training to be a carpenter but learning other skills too so I designed the card around much of what his life is about now. He's a wonderful pianist too and I've exhausted most of those possibilities in previous years but couldn't resist adding a piece of crumpled music paper which was also in one of the kits. I created it in Craft Artist Pro 2 and have decoupaged the the box and picture to make it pop a bit.
I'm entering my card into these challenges:

Thank you for dropping by today x

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card for a young man, Ann.
    Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week. Hope you come back soon, hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Ann - great design.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic card for a special Occasion. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. brillant so personal, thank you for joining us at TIOT.EE

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x