Monday, 29 October 2012

Snow is fallin'


This is another card that ended up creating it's own journey. I set out to create a blue based Christmas card for this week's CD Sunday Challenge and had every intention of going down the pale blue/white route.....so what went wrong??? The short answer is that I'm not really sure, it just seemed to evolve this way by itself! I like it well enough so that's okay though. :) My starting point was the image which is from Joanna Sheen's Victorian Christmas CD which I laid onto a mottled stone bp and then added a glass 'tile' that I created in Craft Artist pro2 The other two bps and embellishments are all from Crafty Ann's kits although I played around with the ribbon, photo corner and brads using a couple of effects to make them all match.

I'm entering my card into these challenges:

That's another one for the box - and the beauty of creating cards in CAP is I can print as many off as I want to when I want them so no last minute rush when mojo has gone awol! :-)

14 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, this is beautiful and I love how it 'evolved'. Super image and from a forgotten CD of mine, thanks for the reminder.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday again this week.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Ann and all my cards "evolve" - I always start with the image and just let the card appear around it! Good luck in the challenge.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card Ann - really lovely image, layout and colours! Thanks for joining us over at the crafty pad this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Ann, I like the image and the lovely royal blue,Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card Ann - such a sweet image.
    Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Great colour!Thank you for playing in the Christmas is Coming Challenge at The Crafty Pad this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well.. I love the blue! Its fantastic! And your card is just beautiful!!! Thank you for playing along with us at One Stitch At A Time. Good luck! I hope to see you again next week!!

    - Susan, DT @ OSAAT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card and beautiful blue, i like you start out with an idea but end up with something completely different. Thank you for joining us this week Ann.
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww what a lovely card - perfect for our Christmas is Coming Challenge over at The Crafty Pad.:)

    Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the rich blue and the way it 'evolved' - the end result is a lovely card.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ann. I recognised the image as soon as I saw it and the blue you have used is beautiful.
    Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
    Carol x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous - love how the strong blue brings out the image so beautifully!

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A super card, using a gorgeous timeless image, an unexpected development has created a very strong looking card. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Ann, love royal blue and silver, thanks for sharing with us at OLLCb and CD Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x