Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Lady in Red


Another lovely play with CAP2 for this one. This is our GD's birthday card - she's at that in betweeny stage where she thinks she isn't still a child but we know she is, lol! I originally started out to use a photo to make the backing paper which I did by cutting just Sophie out using the Cutout Studio in CAP2 then using a blending mode and an edging brush. The only trouble was that I was really pleased with the effect and didn't want to cover it up so after much trial and error I came up with the design above - hopefully she'll like it! The only things that are their original  colour are the backing paper I blended Sophie into, the silver layer and the original photo in the round frame, everything else has been re-coloured. Although the photo doesn't show it, the card has been layered up, using the methods in this tutorial to keep paper and ink wastage to a minimum.
What I used:

  • Backing paper from Tropical Popsicle (this was a recent prize from the lovely Ann at More Fun Scrapping - lucky, lucky me!) Flourish made to look as if it's been embossed into the backing paper is from Sparkle Sky and the three straight ribbons from Summer Fun all by Daisy Trail
  • Large ribbon and bow from Aged Wedding from Miriam's Scraps (I'm afraid I can't add a link here right now)
  • Circular frame, and large bp from Imperial Purple kit and silver bp from Trad- temporary Christmas, all from Crafty Ann's
I'm entering my card into these challenges:
Thank you for your visit today, I hope yours is as good as it can be!

16 comments:

  1. Well Ann you've done it again - this is absolutely beautiful.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS Ann! I did something similar to this for my son's 16th birthday as well! You can see it Here

    You did an awesome job, she'll love this! Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh lovin this! may have to try that soon!
    Thanks for joining us for our 'Seeing Red' challenge this week at MAWTT and good luck
    HUgs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous this is and you and Karen seem to be on the same page! Thanks for sharing with us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Adorable, I love the simplicity of it. It makes your GD the focal point.
    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my.. absolutly stunning, fab idea
    thanks for playing with us at BTC&G this month
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  7. just fabulous Ann - you are an absolute star.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great birthday card. I love the way these images in the background look. Thank You for joining us at Pile It On this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, Ann . . . your gd's photos look wonderful on this lovely designed birthday card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps' digi team's "My Sentiments Exactly!" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous creation, I am sure she will love it. Thanks for sharing at Digitally Sweet.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh WOW Ann, this is one delightful card of your daughter, love it. Thanks for playing along with us over on BTC&G.
    crafty hugs
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh this is beautiful and she is going to love it!! Love how you have her blended her photo onto the paper. The ribbons coming down to your circle photo really makes it pop! Love it and thank you so much for sharing it at TTCRD Challenge. Hugz, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Ann! I just love that blending in the background....awesome!! Thanks for playing along with DSC this week!!

    Tina DSCDT

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think she'll like, I think she'll love it. She has to know how special it is, it's one of kind made just for/about her.
    It is really a fantastic card and I'm so glad I got to see it.
    thanks for playing with us at Pile It On.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i LIKE IT.
    What a great card and a blessing for your GD.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful keepsake and I bet it was her FAVE card!!

    Thanks for joining in with By the Cute and Girly this month for our special birthday celebrations!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x