Another lovely play with CAP2 for this one. This is our GD's birthday card - she's at that in betweeny stage where she thinks she isn't still a child but we know she is, lol! I originally started out to use a photo to make the backing paper which I did by cutting just Sophie out using the Cutout Studio in CAP2 then using a blending mode and an edging brush. The only trouble was that I was really pleased with the effect and didn't want to cover it up so after much trial and error I came up with the design above - hopefully she'll like it! The only things that are their original colour are the backing paper I blended Sophie into, the silver layer and the original photo in the round frame, everything else has been re-coloured. Although the photo doesn't show it, the card has been layered up, using the methods in this tutorial to keep paper and ink wastage to a minimum.
What I used:
- Backing paper from Tropical Popsicle (this was a recent prize from the lovely Ann at More Fun Scrapping - lucky, lucky me!) Flourish made to look as if it's been embossed into the backing paper is from Sparkle Sky and the three straight ribbons from Summer Fun all by Daisy Trail
- Large ribbon and bow from Aged Wedding from Miriam's Scraps (I'm afraid I can't add a link here right now)
- Circular frame, and large bp from Imperial Purple kit and silver bp from Trad- temporary Christmas, all from Crafty Ann's
I'm entering my card into these challenges:
- Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- MAWTT - Seeing Red
- Digitally Sweet - Ribbon
- PIO - For a child
- By the Cute & Girly - Birthdays
- Crafts & Me - Sentiment
Thank you for your visit today, I hope yours is as good as it can be!