Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Happy Days


I haven't done much creating for nearly a week now - just as this 'orrible chest cold seemed to be improving, whack! it walloped me across the back of the 'ead again! Fingers crossed that feeling a bit better today isn't another lull into a false sense of security! Anyway, enough of that - let's get down to business. This layout is a real departure for me for a couple of reasons: 1. it's rare for me to leave so much of the main paper unadorned and 2. I hardly ever use a sketch for a scrap layout even though I like them for cards. The main reason for this is because I usually feel daunted just looking at them and I don't like my pages to be too 'fussy'. So, you're probably wondering why I have this time - well, I've thoroughly enjoyed the first two challenges at digitally sweet so wanted to enter this week too............and it's a sketch! So, I pulled my big girls pants on, told myself not to be such a wuss and went for it! It probably took me longer to do than just about any other layout I've done, but I must admit that I do like the result. I've used elements from quite a few kits and have to confess that I changed my mind so many times that I can't remember just what came from which one so if there's an element you like just leave a comment asking me and I'll hunt it out for you.
I'm entering my card into these challenges:

Thank you for visiting today x

13 comments:

  1. Hi Ann! Look at you with your 'big girl pants on' LOL! You did a fabulous job with this and the best part about digital, you can change, change and hey! change again! Trust me, I did this sketch FIVE times before I was happy with my layout! This is beautiful. Hope you continue to feel better - seems that cold thing is knocking ppl out all around us. I'm the only one in our house who hasn't had it full on yet. Seems to come and go. You watch, it'll knock me out for the wknd!!

    Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann that is beautiful. I have entered the challenge with that sketch & it was a very different style for me too.
    Hope you will soon feel lots better

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT job with the sketch! Lovely photo! Thanks for sharing it with us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great scrapbook page, the colours are gorgeous,
    Thanks for joining in the lejdesigns Challenge
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Ann and you have created a fantastic page using the sketch. Hope you continue to improve, the weather isn't helping.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Ann I'm getting so confused. I was sure I'd commented on this then I realised that yes I had but on our Facebook group - derrrrr silly me. I totally love how this turned out - it's worth every minute of the changes and messing around you did. Really gorgeous. I'm glad you're enjoying the challenges at Digitally Sweet - thought you would as you work so much in digital anyway.
    Need to fess took your prize out to post today and guess what ... it came home with me ... what a numpty. i'm going out early morning tomorrow so bear with me it will be posted!!!
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely Scrapbook page, Think you have got it perfect.

    I hope you feel better soon.

    Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful scrapbook page with a lovely clean and simple design! Thanks for playing along with us at Raise the Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you came out of your comfort zone - this is beautiful. Love the frame. Thanks for playing at Digitally Sweet.

    Hugs Ali x (DSCDT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful page love the layout and it looks just perfect and suits the photo hope you feel better soon thanks for joining us at LEJ Designs this week
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Scrapbook page. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful scrap page! Thank you so much for joining us in our damask/swirls challenge over at Raise The Bar this week!
    ~*Joni RTB DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful scrapbook page! Love the colour choice! Thanks for joining in at LEJ Designs Challenge. Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x