Friday, 14 September 2012

CACB #74

It's Friday and another fortnight has gone by and that can only mean one thing - a new challenge at CACB! This time we have an either/or challenge and you can either use the sketch or autumnal colours or both. I've just gone with the sketch this time. I decided it was time to start scrapping some of the photos from our honeymoon 5 years ago and this is one of the pages. I put it all together in Craft Artist Pro. I sometimes struggle with the scrapping sketches that have a lot to them so using a simple sketch like this appeals to me - especially for a photo like this one. It has an ethereal feel to it and I wanted to keep that. What I used:

  • Backing Paper from Funky Collection 1, silver backing paper from Trad-temporary Christmas and given an edging in CAP, diamond border from Tempting Turquoise, frame from Imperial Purple and colour changed to suit and buttons from Rhapsody in blue. All from Crafty Ann's
This is one of those pages I'm really pleased with and I think that looking at those lovely dolphins will always have a calming effect. I'm also entering my layout into these challenges:
  • PTW - Things that make you go awwwwwww!
  • CYP - Blast from the Past - choose one of their past challenges. I chose The Power of Three (Use 3 of something)
  • Milk Coffee - Use at least 2 different shapes.
Thank you for dropping by today and it would be lovely if you get the chance to join us this fortnight.

3 comments:

  1. Ann, oh I do love this page. The dolphins just look like they are about to swim out from the page. Take care, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous LO Ann :-) the photo is lovely and the whole design is fab ,,, lovely colours :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever way to showcase this fabulous photo. It's like looking through a porthole travelling under the sea. Love the sets of three buttons and trims. Thanks for joining our Blast From the Past Challenge at Craft Your Passion Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x