Wednesday, 19 September 2012

A Purrfect Christmas!


Good morning bloggers - I'm not feeling at my tickety-boo best just now. I started with chest cold at the weekend and every time I cough, my chest and head hurt - so I thought I'd try and distract myself and make something for some challenges. I certainly distracted myself because this card has taken so many twists and turns that it bears no resemblance whatsoever to what I originally had in mind! For a start it wasn't going to be a Christmas card, lol! I started out to make an entry for this week's CD Sunday Challenge, feline friends. Having rejected several perfectly good images, I finally settled on one from the very first Joanna Sheen CD I ever bought, Victorian Christmas. I haven't used the whole image though. I took it into Craft Artist Professional 2 so that I could meddle with it. I used the eraser tool to make a rough shape and edge around the shape so that I was just left with the cats and the hearth. Then I used this to make a punch of the shape. This allowed me to punch the exact shape out of 3 different bps to add mats behind the original image. I've played around with different edges and shadowing with the layers too. I'm really quite pleased with the overall effect. All the papers and embellishments are from various Crafty Ann's kits and the sentiment was done in CAP2.
I'm entering my card into these challenges:
Thank you for dropping by, see you soon!


15 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Anne,love the image .Hope you feel better soon.xxx.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Christmas card - even if you didn't set out to make one!
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Ann, it is a beautiful christmas card. Hope you chest improves soon and you are back on top of things. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week and for showing what can be achieved by using CAP.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann. Sounds like the making of this card was quite an adventure - but you got there in the end with a gorgeous result. Love how you shaped the image in CAP and added the different layers and edges.
    Tasnk you for joining in the Feline Friends challenge at CD Sunday.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful Christmas Card - I am so envious of everyone with CAP2 - mine is somewhere in the post. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whatever plan went by the by, your final result is a little cracker, no pun intended. How sweet, cuddly and warm your card is. I do hope your poorly chest improves soon and your quickly on the mend. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenge. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely Ann - and thanks for the tip about making awkward shapes into punches! Hope you are soon feeling better.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card. Everyone is so clever wih all these graphic programmes. I buy them too but don't seem to get the time.
    Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
    Carol x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Ann, I love the image, Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday this week.
    Kevin xx CD Sunday GDT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love that image and your playing with the new has worked a treat, thank you for joining us at CD Sunday .
    sue-b xx
    Cd Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, love the scene, warm & cosy :o)
    Thanks for joining us at Joanna Sheen this fortnight.
    Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, I just LOVE your card!!!!! And you definitively follow the theme for animal prints (you have three of them on your image, lol!!!). Thanks for joining us this week at CCC and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fabulous card, lovely image and well presented.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is PURRFECTLY adorable!
    Thanks for joining us at CCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card; beautiful Christmas colours and clever use of Craft Artist.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x