Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Don't Be Fooled By The Beer!


This is the first of two pages I did yesterday. I'm all eggscited because of a new scrapbooking kit we've just got into the shop. (Sorry - couldn't resist!) It's a bit different in that there are 'glass' domed eggs to put pictures behind and that some of the elements have gold and silver 'embossed' outlines - and the best bit is that it's at a very special price, just 95p!
I've created another page for our sepia wedding album and believe it or not, this one was inspired by something we bought on honeymoon.  It was one of those engraved glass ornaments - you know the sort of thing I mean - the engraving is done on the inside. They took our photo and made it from that. I was looking at that while I was dusting it the other day and was just thinking how lovely it would be if you could have the same sort of thing on a FabergĂ© egg - although it would be way out of my price league!! I was remembering this as I sat down to play with the latest kit and that was when I thought that I could give myself the next best thing so I decided to create another page for our sepia wedding album. I've created the page in Craft Artist (where else??) There is a tutorial on how to use the eggs here - it's really very easy when you see the intention behind them.
What I've used:

  • Pink paper strips, rosebuds, roses and leaves and egg from Eggstravaganza Kit (from Crafty Ann's)
  • Rings, champagne bottle and champagne glasses from Aged Wedding (from Miriam's)
  • Scroll from Swirling Memories and Plaque that I added the journalling to from Modern Lace (both from Daisy Trail)
  • The heart shaped 'brads' I created in CAP
I'm having a lot of fun with this kit as you'll see when I post the other page I did! In the meantime, I'm entering my page into these challenges:
Thank you for visiting today and I hope your day is a good one.

3 comments:

  1. Another fantastic page, Ann.
    Love the new egg, paper and roses.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice layout! I like the egg around your photo and the combination of elements is quite pleasant to the eye. Well done Ann! Glad you joined and good luck on the challenge at Craft Your Passion...
    ~ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page and layout. Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x