Friday, 17 August 2012

Christmas in August



I wasn't sure if I'd get this posted at all today - mega computer problems that I won't bore you with! This one is for our new challenge at CACB and our theme this time was Christmas in August. I wasn't feeling too Christmassy, but I enjoyed making it anyway and it's another for the box and they all help. I put it all together in Craft Artist. The bp is from the embossed dots brights collection and the garland is a digi stamp that has been treated with a mixture of colouring and paper piecing. The peel offs around the edges are from Rhapsody in Blue - all are from Crafty Ann's. The text was done in Craft Artist and the swirl is from It's all in the wood from Miriams. The 'glass' piece behind the garland was done in Craft Artist.
I'm entering my card into these challenges:

Thank you for dropping by today and I hope you'll be ready to take a break from the summer (assuming you've had one, unlike some of us!) and share a Christmas project with us.

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creation, all the elements work together so perfectly!

    Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card. I love all the details you added. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Celebrate The Occasion!

    Tonya
    CTO DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card, thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple & clever, I like the embossing very much. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again. Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Christmas card, very elegant. Good luck with MTTC challenge. Helen DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. TFS with us at CTO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card, great traditional colour.
    Thanks for joining us at CTO this week, Rachel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the "glass" look behind your pretty ornaments, lovely touches! Thank you for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Christmas in August" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card! Your flourish in the corner is so pretty.
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT and good luck. Beautiful card and lovely colour. Thanks trisha x DT.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x