Friday, 31 August 2012

CACB #73

Good friday morning fellow bloggers - I'm running a little late with blogging my card this morning. It's time for the new callenge at CACB and this time it's a little more specific. For challenge #73, you have a choice of either a monochrome card in shades of turquoise/aqua, or lilac/purple or you can do a duotone card using both of these colour palettes. These colours only please, this isn't a general monochrome challenge. 

Half of the team have gone monochrome and the other half duotone. I'm in the second camp (just in case you hadn't already guessed!) I love these colour combinations together and given the very grey summer we've had here in the UK, it was nice to make something bright. I created my card in Craft Artist then printed it off and layered it up. What I used:

  • Turquoise backing paper from Tempting Turquoise, Purple paper on nested shape from Imperial purple, silver backing paper from a new kit hitting the shelves imminently.
  • Silver leaf stems from Pretty in Pink, flowers from Sweet Sage (the colour changed in Craft Artist)
  • Peacock Fan digi stamp - coloured digitally. All of these from Crafty Ann's
  • Circular flourish from Modern Lace from Daisy Trail and colour changed in Craft Artist.
I'm entering my card into these challenges:
Thank you for dropping by today and I hope you'll be inspired to join us this week. Do pop over and visit the rest of the DT too, their samples are fabulous!

12 comments:

  1. Wow! These colors really pop!

    thanks for entering the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge,

    Bev Cole DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card :D Thank you for joining us for our first ever Natalie and Amy's challenge and good luck.

    Hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A definate wow card the colours are gorgeous and work so well together
    Thanks for joining in the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge and good luck
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card love the coloursand gorgeous BP-thanks for joining us at Lej designs this week
    carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card love the design and colours. Thank you for joining us at LEJ Designs and good luck. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely. Perfect for our 'Use a Digi' theme at One Stitch at a Time. Thank you for sharing and good luck with the challenge. Judy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Ann, the colours look gorgeous together. I think I'll be using this colour combo again soon. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ann this is so beautiful the colours and design are truly wonderful, thank you for joining our challenge at TPS this week.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, I love the blue and purple you have used on this card, thanks for joining in with our use a digi challenge over at OSAAT and good luck
    Julie x
    My blog
    Pennys Challenges DT member
    Fashionista DT member
    Forever Friends DT member
    OSAAT DT member

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a fan of purple and turquoise together too; I think the combo is stunning. Great job with the digi and I love that you used a die fore cutting things out. I love the delicate edge behind the image. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT!
    Hugs, Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully crafted and wonderfully designed. Thanks so much for joining in on the fun at Tuesday Throwdown.
    Berni,DT
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x