Monday, 30 July 2012

Vintage Elegance


Today I'm sharing a card with you that is the result of wanting to test something but I'm rather pleased with what came out of it! I've been designing some new papers in a new program on an iPad - also new to me. It's been very therapeutic to do, sitting in front of the TV but before I went too far (having designed 8!!!) I decided I ought to make sure they'd work in the scrapbook kits. I'm happy to report that they work fine and this card came about while I experimented. I don't tend to do full blown vintage that often but might be tempted to now. As usual, I've mixed and matched items and papers from several kits to get something that works for me. What I used:

  • The top bp is from Pam Lefors' Embossed papers 1 set, the bottom one is the one I was testing - it'll be in a kit sometime soon
  • The main topper and bow are from Aged Wedding and the keys are from It's all in the wood - both from Miriam's.  I created the Gold Mount that the topper is on in Craft Artist
  • The Pearls are from Crafty Ann's Cream Dream kit
  • The lace is from British Street Party and the lovely gold swirl is from Swirling Memories - both from Daisy Trail (the swirl is black but I changed it to gold in Craft Artist)
All in all, I'm quite pleased with how this little play session turned out and I'm entering it into these challenges:

Thank you for dropping by today and I hope your day is as good as it can be.

15 comments:

  1. It's so delicate and pretty! I had no idea you can design paper on iPad!

    Thanks for sharing it with us at Tuesday Alchemy!

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ann this is just gorgeous! Of course I LOVE vintage and you've encompassed it perfectly! Thanks for inspiration!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘DIAMONDS, PEARLS and/or LACE’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is a true vintage beauty! Gorgeous job....those papers are just perfect. Thanks so much for joining The Sisterhood of Crafters for our 'Diamonds, Pearls and Lace, OH MY!' Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome Ann. I love it.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I love vintage and your card is perfect in every detail! That is great that you have learned to create papers this way! Thanks for using the sketch at Seems a Little Sketchy for your design!
    ~Sandy
    sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful, classy card! Lovely lace, gorgeous swirls and a wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant card. Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Tuesday Alchemy.

    With smiles

    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, elegant and classy Ann.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layout Ann. Love those swirls and the lace.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay spill the beans!!! I have an iPad and you need to tell me wht program allows you to do this!!! It came out gorgeous.
    Thanks for playing along with our Diamonds, lace and pearls challenge at the Sisterhood,m

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is gorgeous and so elegant.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, Gorgeous elegance that really shows your talents. Thanks so much for joining us at Fab n Funky this week. pat k.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This is a work of art! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My word, Ann!!! This is absolutley GORGEOUS.
    Your new paper design looks great here and combined with all the other elements has resulted in a very beautiful creation.
    You've got no excuse now not to do more vintage :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x