Thursday, 5 July 2012

Mystical Magic

This is one of my all time favourite CD images. It's from Joanna Sheen's Victorian Angels & Fairies and I've been wanting to use it in Craft Artist for a while. I created the bp using one from the Tempting Turquoise add on kit and the image from the CD. In Craft Artist, I had already isolated the giant lily from the top of the picture and used this as part of the flower cluster in the bottom left hand corner. All the items I used are:

  • Frame from Tempting Turquoise kit, bp from Tempting Turquoise add on kit (both from Crafty Ann's)
  • Flower from Denim Lace Kit (from Miriam)
  • Flourish from Modern Lace and another flourish from Swirling Memories (both from Daisy Trail)
  • Angel's and Fairies CD from Joanna Sheen
It's fabulous being able to create such 3D looking cards without a lot of height - here in the UK, we have a complicated and costly postage pricing so being able to keep cards to a standard letter size is a bonus. I don't just like to send totally flat cards though, so I cut certain parts out and layer them with either 1mm foam or glue gel that I have make the height I want to.
If you're interested, I've done a tutorial about how I do this without having to print the entire topper off each time which saves both paper and a heck of a lot of ink! This card will still go standard letter size.
I'm entering my card into these challenges:
Thank you for your visit today, see you again tomorrow.


6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Ann I love the colour chosen for the background
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la do hope we see you again
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card again Ann - and a really good advert for Craft Artist!

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fairies and water. Cute thinkin' Fairytales are my fav..

    Good luck in the draw..

    Saskia pullen
    Design team member C.R.A.F.T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card love your image and your papers. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's absolutely gorgeous Ann. You've done wonders with the image - I really like the way you've incorporated it into the background.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beauThank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Jeanettetiful.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x