Saturday, 21 July 2012

Filling A Gap!


I'm an old fashioned kinda gal and most of my reading is still done from real books (remember them?? lol) and I fancied myself a new bookmark so I decided to design some and have a play with Craft Artist at the same time. I've made a file to store them in so that they are there whenever I want one. I thought they'd be handy to slip in with cards as a wee extra and also to fill up a bit of space to make the best use of paper when I'm printing stuff off. I decided to share the idea with the lovely peeps on the Serif Craft Artist Users Group on facebook and some wanted to know what kits I'd used and as I'd used a mixture of kits, I thought it would be easier to list them on here - so are you ready?? Working on the basis that 1 is extreme left and 4 is extreme right:
Bookmark 1: 
  • Backing paper, flowers, butterflies & watch are from the Sweet Sage kit. The butterflies were overlaid the the gold outline from the butterfly 1 digi stamp set (now coming free with the Sweet Sage kit.) The studs are from the Rhapsody in Blue kit and the gold paper is from the Gold Collection (all from Crafty Ann's)
  • Flourish from Aged Wedding (from Miriam's)
Bookmark 2:
  • Backing paper and straight ribbons from Summer Fun (from Daisy Trail)
  • Pearl Studs from Cream Dream (from Crafty Ann's)
  • Topper, bow, 3 swirly embellishments from Aged Wedding (from Miriam's). These were all changed in different ways in CA such as changing colour and using metallic effects to make a monochrome design.
Bookmark 3:
  • Backing paper, handmade paper, flowers, ribbon and buckle all from Imperial Purple. Studs from Rhapsody in blue changed from matt to shiny in CA (from Crafty Ann's)
  • Flourishes from Aged Wedding (from Miriam's)
Bookmark 4:
  • Blue backing paper and cogs/gears from Rhapsody in Blue kit (from Crafty Ann's)
  • White backing paper, pin, daisy & threaded eyelets from Denim Lace. Key from It's all in the wood (from Miriam's)
  • Crochet flower from Happy Christmas (from Daisy Trail)
Phew! Having created these, I couldn't decide which one to use first so I decided to make a tent fold one so that I could use all for and switch them about as the fancy takes me. I hope you have as much fun creating your own.


4 comments:

  1. Ann what BEAUTIFUL bookmarks how gorgeous are these well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are stunning xx great idea I may have to borrow it for my book loving friends xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous bookmarks Ann, thanks for listing the kit's you used.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeously creative. Loving the colours and designs of these handy little bookmarks. Hugs Desíre Doing Life Digistamps4Joy DT Member Tammys Scrapin Corner DT Member

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x