Friday, 15 June 2012

Just In Time!



I don't usually show you two cards in the same post but I decided to make an exception today because they are so similar. I started the planning back at the weekend but the week has run away from me and my mojo suddenly decided to come home and I was full of ideas - these are two of them and I'll try to get the others done over the next couple of days before they disappear again! I wanted to get these two posted today so as not to miss the challenge that sparked all the ideas off though. I've used two digi stamps - Rudolph is from Robyn's Fetish and was part of a prize I won a few weeks ago. I coloured him in photoshop then added him to a blank snowglobe from Crafty Ann's. I played around with the snowglobe in Craft Artist Pro first to get the gold base and outline. It was at this point that I printed it off and added stickles for the snow effect. I knew which sketch I wanted to follow for this so also printed off several of the ribbon diecut from the Traditional Christmas Kit from Crafty Ann's. The sentiment is also computer generated - I'm afraid that my photography is a little off on the top photo and it's come out a little blurry, I'll try and replace it with a better one.

For the second card, I decided to play around with CAP for my layout. I used a bp from the Traditional Christmas Kit and one from the 8x8 gold collection. I created the wooden piece in CAP and added the bunting from the Tempting Turquoise Kit, changing the colour in CAP. The sentiment was also done in CAP. While I was playing about I decided to see if I could create the glass part of the globe. I added the snow first then put my 'glass' piece over the top - I must say that I am thrilled with the finished result! The entire background has been printed off as one but I printed the globe off separately and shaped it before adding it to the card on 3D foam. the only other things I needed to add were the two large snowflakes and the small glittery dots from papermania. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed the creative process for these two cards.

I'm entering them into these challenges:
Thank you for dropping by today.



16 comments:

  1. Two super cards, Ann - love the cute image - - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 76 - hope to see you again soon - new challenge tomorrow morning. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic, Ann.
    Very clever how you've added the snow & flakes to the globe.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! I love snowglobes! And what a festive and elegant Christmas card!

    Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Sketch” Challenge!

    Kath
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done a wonderful job with my Sketch!! Your card is beautiful!!

    Thank you for joining us at Seems A Little Sketchy Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great cards and to more off the list . Well done for cracking on with the seasonal cards.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann, your card for SALS is quite amazing! I love the touches of Gold and the snowglobe effect! Inspiring! Thank you for playing with us at SALS today!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb cards... Love the snowglbe idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great cards!! I LOVE them both!! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there,

    thanks so much for joining the Creative Card Crew on this week's Challenge "Inspired by a Song"!

    Make sure to check back to see who'll be drawn as Top Three and who'll be our Winner.

    Hugs and good luck, Elisa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great cards, so very festive. Thanks for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness these are so Sweet and Festive! Just Fabulous! So Smart to start your Christmas cards now! Glad you could join us at Tuesday Throwdown! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ho Ho Ho, getting ready for the holidays with this FANTASTIC card?? Love it! We are so happy to have you join us at Seems a little Sketchy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LIke the snow globe look. Especially like the bannerws. Thanks for entering the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge "Animal Critter" theme.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    Guest Designer Tuesday Throwdown

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of your cards are adorable! Thanks for joining in on the SALS challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ann, both cards are so lovely! Wonderful blogging about your process to accomplish the globe. Thanks so much for joining in the Seems A Little Sketchy challenge sketch #15. wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are stunning cards! Love the snowglobe image!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x