Wednesday, 20 June 2012

For A Very Special Chap


Good morning bloggers, it's a lovely day here so I'm just posting this before I go out as it isn't forecast to last. This card is for our lovely no. 2 GS. He'll be 20 on Friday and I've done all the usual teenage themes so decided to go for something that might surprise him. I've had a play with CAP again to create this. If you've visited before, you may recognise the topper as one I did for my brother's birthday card in May - if you didn't see it the link will take you to it. Having stamped and inked the original up I was really pleased with the result so I photographed it before I used it and couldn't resist a play with it here. I used a bp from the Tempting Turquoise add on kit and then used the lighthouse topper over the top of it to create the main bp for the card. It's more blue in real life the camera has changed it slightly, but I love it. The frame and ribbon are both from the main TT kit and the sentiment was done in CAP. The topper has been cut out and layered up to give some dimension. I like the clean and simple look to this 8x8 card but have to admit that it's CAS because I didn't want to cover up too much of the bp.
I'm entering it into these challenges:
Hope your day is good to you and thank you for dropping by.


9 comments:

  1. Beautifully done love the design and great use of the sketch too! Fabulous to have you joining us at Incy Wincy this week, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful - what a stunning image and great card! :)

    Thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann, what a fabulous card! Love the image and the frame is just wonderful.

    Thanks for playing along with us this time at Dream Valley.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, love how the image is also on the background. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Ann. What a brilliant idea to use the topper faded into the background. I love this set of stamps so it's great to see them on such a fab card.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the image and papers. Fab interpretation of the sketch.Great to see you at INCY WINCY, hope we see you next week.
    Higs
    Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous image .. thanks for sharing with us at love to create x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this!!

    Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley this fortnight.

    Carrie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at Love to Create Challenge this week!! Come back and play with us again really soon!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x