Saturday, 23 June 2012

Dreamin' Of Summer...


Well, dreaming is about all we can do here in the UK just now! Our very first holiday together was in Gran Canaria, we were there for three weeks staying in a different place for each week. That first holiday was special but I have very little of it scrapped so far. San Augustin was the middle week and this was the view from the balcony of our apartment. The sea was actually a lot closer than the photo makes it look. It was a lovely place to relax and unwind.
I have to say that when I set out to make this page, this colour scheme wasn't even in the dim and distant recesses of my mind!! I've used various papers and elements from a couple of kits from Daisy Trail and a couple from Crafty Ann's to put it together in CAP. I was checking the elements on a Daisy Trail kit that I'd just downloaded, and the straight ribbon caught my eye and that became the starting point for the page. The bp and the palm tree are from the same kit so I just used them as they were, but everything else I recoloured or played around with using different to suit and I must admit that I'm very pleased with the finished result.
I'm entering my page into these challenges:

Thank you for visiting today.

15 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with this layout Ann it looks fabulous. Thanks for sharing at Happy Scrappers again too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Ann well done and what a great view you had Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one amazing view! Sounds like you had a fabulous trip! LOVE all the green you used to mimic the palm trees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous LO's

    wonderful photo

    Thank you for joining us at The Happy Scrappers for our * Great Outdoors * challenge
    hope you will join us again
    hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Card... Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge!

    Big hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful project. Congratualtions !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cradz thid week.

    Hugs From France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely!! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge!! Come Back & Play with us again really soon!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely layout Ann lovely view from your balcony the sea looks so calm :)

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz Challenges

    Hugs Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic LO
    Thank you for playing along with The Happy Scrappers challenges!
    Jane [DT]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely summery layout - perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz challenges this week, hope to see you again soon.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for playing our By the Sea challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

    Leanne DT 4CC!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous layout! Thanks for joining our "By The Sea" challenge this week at 4 Crafty Chicks :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. With that layout and oh your fabulous picture, I am totally dreaming of summer too. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi ,snap my very first holiday abroad was Gran Canaria ..when I was in my teens .I have some great photos must use them and leave ex out of them lol. Great photo such an inviting view ,we could all do with some sunny weather x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely view and lovely page. Thanks for joining us at Scrapalicious USA's Summertime challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x