Monday, 18 June 2012

Delicious Damask


I hope the girls at CD Sunday headquarters have got the smelling salts handy, because this will be the second time I've entered this month!! The theme this time is delicious damask and just seemed to be rather good to team with this gold Venetian Mask. I'm getting ahead with my sister-in-law's birthday card for next month. She and my brother have just come back from a trip to Venice and have fallen in love with the place so her card was easy. I've put the whole thing together in CAP. The damask bp is from the artylicious (now chocolate baroque) filigree fusions CD. The panel behind the mask I created in cap and edged with the mitred corner 'peel offs' from the Rhapsody in Blue kit. The gold 'studs' are from the same kit but I gave them a shiny finish in CAP because the originals are more matt and as this card is for a woman, the shiny looked better. The ribbons are from the Tempting Turquoise kit and I changed the colour by using the dropper tool to pick one of the colours from the backing paper. The panel and mask were printed off separately so that I could layer them up.
I'm entering my card into these challenges:

Thank you for visiting today.

11 comments:

  1. oh wow this is a great card, one I'd be pleased to get. I love the mask and the whole l/o, i like to work in cap too. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
    sue-b Guest designer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love the layout and the mask.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann, so pleased to see joining for the second time this month. A gorgeous card, I love the mask and the papers are super. I am sure your card will be well received.
    Thanks for supporting us at CD Sunday.
    Hugs
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely Ann and I'm sure your SIL will love it. Should bring back some good memories of their recent holiday too.
    Thank you for joining us again at the CD Sunday challenge.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool Card, thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card! It's different and the colours are wonderful. Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter this weeka and good luck with the challenge.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh! Pretty card! Thanks for joining us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A card with a wow factor, I am not surprised she fell in love with Vernice, I have been there four times, last time I took my husband, kicking and screaming he did not want to go now he's fascinated with Venice.
    I am sure she will love the card
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ann. Venice is a wonderful place. I have been lucky enough to visit it twice. Your card reflects the 'feel' beautifully.
    Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday
    Carol x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello again Ann, good to see you joining us for the second time this month.
    Such a rich looking card with all the gold and jewel like tones in the paper. I am not one of the fortunate who have been to Venice but so nice of you to incorporate the theme for your sister-in-law.

    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous card and one to treasure as a memory of a wonderful holiday. It fits out theme perfectly. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x