Friday, 22 June 2012

CACB #68


It's Friday and another fortnight has flown by again so that means it's time for our new challenge at CACB and our theme this time is "Memories Are Made Of This!" There are lots of ways this can be interpreted such as: vintage style which could be anything (card, ATC, bookmark, tag, gothic arch etc) - or you could go down the scrapbook page/mini album route with memories of any vintage - even yesterday!
I've gone down the scrapbook route and created another page for our sepia wedding album. I'm doing two of these, a physical one and a digital one - this page is for the latter. I may have mentioned in previous posts that we had a very quiet wedding - so quiet that it was just the two of us and our two witnesses. These were they. Creating the page was both poignant and cathartic because, very sadly, Jimmy passed away very suddenly at the beginning of this month during the Jubilee weekend so this page has been created very lovingly in his memory too. I have used a template from the monthly challenge on Daisy Trail to create the layout in CAP. It's the first time I've done one of these and it did prove to be a bit of a challenge but I'm pleased with the end result. I've used a combination of elements and papers from kits from Crafty Ann's and changing some of the pieces of the template by using different special effects in CAP. My pages aren't usually this 'busy' but I'm all for trying  new styles so I did enjoy this one and I like how it has a celebratory air.
I'm also entering my card into these challenges:


That's it from me today, thank you for dropping by and I do hope you'll get the chance to join us this fortnight.


4 comments:

  1. This is super sweet!
    Thanks for celebrating weddings with us at MTTC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful page Ann and a very special one at this time.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. And my condolences about your friend. Such a lovely way to pay tribute! Thanks for playing along with the 'Anything But a Card' challenge over at the Simon Says STamp challenge blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely page! Thanks for playing along at Creative Card Crew! Ani

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x