Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Helpin' the Economy!

Well, somebody's gotta do it! lol. I'm nowhere near as far on with my Christmas cards this year as I was last year at this point - for some reason I'm finding it hard to find a Christmas 'groove' this year. However, I had a flash of inspiration a couple of days back so I went with the flow before it could disappear again!
What I've used for this one:

  • Peel offs from Rhapsody in blue SB Kit
  • Strips of paper #4 from the 8 x 8  gold collection
  • Backing paper and 'gems' from Traditional Christmas SB kit (all of these are from Crafty Ann's)
  • Christmas Madison digi from Kenny K (still my fav)
  • Star dust and icicle stickles
The text is computer generated and added to the paper before printing (as were the peel offs and gold strips) and I coloured Madison digitally.
There is a little bit of dimension on this card with the central mat being added with pinflair glue gel but it will still be a letter size (UK) for posting which will be even more important this year after the recent mahoosive price hike of the cost of stamps here.
I'm entering my card into these challenges:
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope your Christmas card tally is looking healthier than mine! 

12 comments:

  1. No - my Christmas card tally is no better than yours - but at least I won't have so many to make this year.lol
    Love the central image - wish I could colour digitally as you do -and the background is terrific.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Christmas card tally is non existent, but then I will be in Spain again for christmas 2012.
    Lovely card and the background is great.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANN ...this is a fabulous Christmas card, well done
    Love this
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the paper and that cute image - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 71 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, she is gorgeous and so funny!!! I LOVE your card!!! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great image!! cute and sassy!! thanks for joing us this week at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that fabulous frame around your image!!! And your coloring is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card. Love the image. It's always good to help the economy. LOL Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing card sweetie!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!!
    hugs
    xMx

    you can visit http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
    for my free digis!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Christmas Card Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's fabulous! I am so envious of your ability to get your cards for Christmas started already. Thank you so much for joining us at The Squirrel & The Fox this fortnight, I hope we'll see you again soon.
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x