Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Happy Birthday To Ya!


I intended to blog this first thing this morning, but it's been such a lovely day that I took myself off into town for a haircut instead! I'm glad of it too, I have a lot of it which can be rather hard work in this heat.
This is my brother's birthday card for next week. I've used backing papers from the brand new Tempting Turquoise SB kit which should be in the shop in the next 24 hours. The image has been created using stampscape stamps and inked using duster brushes and inks from brilliance and memento. I love colouring scenes in this way because it can make them quite atmospheric. Although the papers have been layered digitally, the image has been mounted using 3D foam. One of the papers was 'fringed' in Craft Artist.
I'm entering my card into these challenges:

Thanks for dropping by today, see you Friday for the new challenge CACB.

11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Ann. You're brilliant at stamping those scenes and the bp's are really lovely.
    eryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Ann. Love the 'atmosphere' you have created with the inks.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous scene Ann. Lovely card.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! There is a real depth to this card, really makes the scene work! M x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great scene, perfect for a man card. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Birthday card, love the scene Ann. Thank you for joining us at Joanna Sheen with your adorable creation.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could live there! What you've created is beyond gorgeous and you've most certainly gathered the best colors and textures of papers to showcase this beauty! :)

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
    Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips.
    Have a great one!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have created a beautiful and tranquil scene with your stamps and gorgeous colouring. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT. Jennie DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card! Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Hugs. NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card - what a gorgeous image. I love it!

    Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x