Friday, 27 April 2012

Twice The Pleasure


Well it's Friday, a fortnight has gone by and that means only one thing - it's time for another challenge at CACB! This time our challenge is Stitching - real or faux. Now, I'm not really all that big on stitching on papercrafty projects so I can't think what possessed me to choose this topic but I did so I have to go with the flow lol! As it happens, I really enjoyed creating this page so I think I may have got over the stitching thing at last - job done :o)
The main dp, vellum, frame & winged heart are all from Rhapsody in blue SB kit. The silver leaves to create the border down the right hand side are from the Pretty in Pink SB kit. The fringed paper is from the 8 x 8 silver collection and was fringed in Craft Artist which has made it look like a piece of fabric - love that effect! The 'stitching' on the vellum was also done in Craft Artist. The subject matter of the photo is courtesy of my sister - my twin niece and nephew. It was taken about 5 years ago and was one of those spontaneous things that just produced one of my favourite photos of them. I'm somewhat vertically challenged and have a step stool (one of those things on wheels that you see in offices and supermarkets) for reaching the top couple of shelves in the kitchen cupboards and they had both raced to sit on it and ended up back to back sharing it in fits of giggles. I just had to capture the moment and love how it worked. I think this will have to go to my sister in recognition of her contribution ;o)
Anyway, enough of my waffle - I'm entering my page into these challenges:

Thank you for dropping by today and I hope you'll get the chance to join us this fortnight.

13 comments:

  1. So cute the pair of them! Lovely to have you participate in the Joanna Sheen challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Ann, love your stitching and fringed mat - not found those on CA yet! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing our No Stamping challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks good job!

    Leanne DT 4CC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photo and you've showcased it beautifully with just the right amount of embellishments.

    Thanks for being challenged by our No Stamping week.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Guest Designer 4CCC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann this is just so gorgeous. What a fab photo and gorgeous layout.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous!! What a cute pic!

    Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday! Hope to see you again!

    Remember, you can enter 3 creations and 3 tips - 6 chances for prizes!!

    Hugs

    Leanne

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Ann - I am loving the innocence of the photo and the detail on the page is fab.

    Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Anything but a Card' challenge. Don't forget if you share a Top Tip with us you could win our Top Tipper prize :)

    Thanks for playing :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!

    Thanks for playing at DTC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Ann.. thanks for your help xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Ann
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout Ann and a beautiful picture
    Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO sweet! Great LO! Loving the blue and that added bling stem.

    Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday! Hope to see you again!

    Hugs;
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your pages Ann, love those digi kits too, I use Serif craftartist . Your creations are wonderful Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x