Wednesday, 25 April 2012

A Special Moment In Time




I'm getting more and more into scrapbooking again and really enjoying it. If you've seen Monday's post, you'll recognise the birdcage digi from Nana Vic's Digitals. It's one of the images supplied for round #16 of the progressive challenges on CDAC and I said in Monday's post that I intended to make a scrapbook paper with this image and I couldn't wait to do it. I'm absolutely thrilled with the result as I knew I would be. Vickie's digis are a great quality and look wonderful large or small. I've done two pages which is something I often do now - a digital one and a physical one. They are for the sepia album I'm making of our wedding photos. Both are 12 x 12, the top one is the digital one and the bottom one is the hybrid one. I was so chuffed with the paper that I couldn't bring myself to cover any of the image up though so I had to have a think about how to add the photos without doing so. I decided to add the text directly to the paper without any mats or tags and added the gold pocket watch from the Sweet Sage SB kit. The locket from the Cream Dream Kit seemed to be the best way to add the photos without covering up any of the image on the paper and also fit in rather well with the rest of the vintage theme of the page. If I had an A3 printer, I would have printed it out as is, but I haven't and as I wanted my physical page to be 12 x 12 too, I resized the original page to 8 x 8. My dp for this page is a lovely pearlescent ivory with embossed flowers but was a little too pale so I sponged the edges with versafine sepia and memento cocoa inks. I've finished it off with lots of flowers - the pink flowers are much closer in colour to the roses in real life - and a sumptuous ribbon bow. I'd like to tell you that I tied that gorgeous bow myself, but that would be a lie! I 'rescued' it from a box of chocolates Christmas before last and it's just been waiting for the perfect project.
I'm entering my layouts into these challenges:

Thank you for dropping by today and also for the lovely comments you have been leaving - all are very much appreciated.

16 comments:

  1. These are fabulous Ann, the birdcage is the perfect addition to the page. Love the hybrid too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both great pages and that album is going to be something to treasure for a long long time.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya, these are gorgeous, beautiful colourtone. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely fabulous layouts!!! I'm floored! You did an amazing job!
    Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE
    ~Ruza CDAC PC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page Ann. I am into doing this one digital, one hybrid too. It gived lots of freedom to resize photos and do something different with them. It works well here.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm almost speechless as to how breathtakingly beautiful both these layouts are. (*Laughs* but seeing as how you can't see my face, I better compose myself and get some words together to type it out). Truly Ann, you've done an amazing piece of artwork here and your computer skills are most impressive. I said it the other day but the roses look stunning set against your greenery colour and the embossing is just over the top lovely. The stop watch looks great done in the gold effect also. Your sepia alblum sounds like it is going to be bursting with love and creativity on each layout that you do. Thank you so much for sharing both your pages.
    PS. The ribbon from the chocolate box is perfect and it would have been a shame to just throw it away, I'm all for upcycling. *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both these pages are awesome Ann. I adore the colours and the layout. The bow is fantastic and I went to say well done then spotted it came off of a Choc box. Lol!!! You are so honest sweetie. Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew this time and good luck.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layouts. Thanks for joining in with us at Dream Valley.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow wow wow gorgeous, stunning scrapbook page, at first I thought it was a frame, it certainly could be in a frame it's amazing. Thank you for joining us at 2 Sisters Challeng Blog this week. :-) Kezzy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow this is brilliant and love the locket. Thanks for sharing at Dream Valley

    ReplyDelete
  11. How you have out done yourself with this fabulous piece of work, you page is gorgeous, Vickie's bird cage looks so regal and your flowers look beautiful...
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that is gorjuss, thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful layout Ann. It makes me realize I need to get back to my scrapbooking instead of card making. Love the colors and everything about it. Gloria

    Visit my blog - would love more members.
    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely Gorgeous! Fabulous design and gorgeous colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Love to Create Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, beautiful keepsake... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just stunning Ann!
    I love how you've used this gorgeous birdcage image to help create a perfect memory page.
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x