Monday, 23 April 2012

The Birdcage



I've been having a lovely play and thoroughly enjoyed creating this card. The central image is from Nana Vic's Digitals and is one of the images supplied for round #16 of the progressive challenge on CDAC. I loved this as soon as I saw it and my immediate thought was vintage/shabby chic so set out down that route. I've provided a close up of the image below so that you can see it more clearly. The quality is gorgeous as always from Vickie and for this card I've shrunk it down to just 4.5cm (after colouring it digitally using my wacom bamboo pen and tablet.) I also changed the black outline to gold in photoshop - I didn't think of doing this until after I'd finished the colouring so wasn't sure if it would work. I was thrilled when it did! This image still retains it's quality when enlarged too, so I also have plans to use it on a scrapbook page. You'll be able to see the detail much better if you click on the images to enlarge them.


The papers I've used are all from Crafty Ann's. The brown is from the polished stone earth tones collection, The gold scalloped borders are from the Traditional Christmas SB kit and the large 'fringed' one is from the Cream Dream SB kit. The ornate gold mat is a sneaky peek. The butterfly just flying off the top right hand corner is the gold outline from butterfly sheet 1 that was printed onto some paper then I applied stickles to it with a brush. I also added stickles the same way to the roses. Papermania shimmer dots attached over every alternate hole of the scallops and a feather tucked under the corner of the ornate mat finish it off. The fringing was done in Craft Artist.
I'm entering my cards into these challenges:
Thank you for taking the trouble to drop by today.

25 comments:

  1. Oh, Ann, this is stunning.
    The gold elements look sumptuous and the pink roses add a beautiful pop of colour.
    Love the fringing :) and, wow, the swirly frame is gorgeous.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Ann, I love the fringed effect
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous love the creation and presentation of your movie, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Ann, love your fringing. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. popped over from CDAC and had to leave a comment! Your card is gorgeous :)Love all the little details

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful Ann. The Nana Vic image is lovely and your ornate frame is just gorgeous.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann this is just gorgeous.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW Ann, this is a real stunner! I love all the elements and the new scroll frame is fab! That fringing looks amazing
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is such a beautiful and classy card. I love it. Thanks for playing along with DC.

    Hugs, Rosalien

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful Ann
    Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Ann the frame is stunning.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful creation Ann!
    Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad in our Live on The Edge Challenge!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. quite gorgeous...love the material and your butterfly. What a lovely album. Thank you so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely, Thanks for playing along with us at this week charisma.

    Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card has a wonderful softness, and the different textures you have created adds interest, love the frame as the main focal point.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week, we are so pleased to see your work.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Ann, Just give me a minute while I pick my jaw up off the table. You have captured the digital image 'Bird Cage Roses' so beautifully in your vintage/shabby chic style card. I can hardly believe that it is only 4.5cm and you've still maintained the clarity so well. How you changed the the black outline to gold in photoshop - has created a very realistic embossing look and I'm adoring this effect. I hope you let me know when you use this digital again on a scrap page. Thank you so much Ann for providing a very inspirational card with gorgeous background elements and papers. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card, very elegant! thanks for joining us at Delightful challenges, good luck and hope to see you again
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card thanks for joining us at Secret crafter Saturday challenge and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an elegant card Ann !! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at The Crafty Pad !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ann WOW! This is spectacular! You certainly covered the vintage / shabby chic look with this. The image is to die for and the feathers oh my! Stunning hun :)) Thank you so much for linking up and playing along with us at The Crafty Pad Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Ann,
    This looks fab. I love the image & the whole gilded look. Great interpretation of the film title. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Anne and WOW! beautiful work. I love it.

    thanks for taking part in the Crafty Pad Live on the Edge challenge with us.

    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning Card Ann, looks lovely in those earthy tones :)

    Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

    Mandy (CDAC PC DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow stunning card.

    Thanks for joining us this time at Stampin for the weekend.

    Hugs
    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is so awesome !love it!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x