Monday, 26 March 2012

Spring Basket


We have a glorious day here, I do hope you have one where you are too. My card today is for several challenges and I decided to go for an almost WOW scheme. I've followed the sketch from Sketch Saturday which was lovely to work with. My bp is a pearlescent white which I put through an embossing folder. I used a lace stamp embossed with guilded ivory ep although the real effect is very difficult to see in the photo - and we just won't talk about how many photos I took trying to get a half decent one. I've used double strips of white sparkly peel offs instead of some of the layers. Some punched flowers that I've added pearls to the centre of finish the background. The image is a combination of digi stamps I've added irises and daffodils to the fabulous basket from Shelley's Images that is one of the images for round #14 of the Progressive challenge at CDAC this time. I coloured all of them digitally. I had a very clear idea of how I wanted this card to look from the start but had a few false starts before it finally came together, but I'm happy with the end result.
The challenges this is for:

Thank you for dropping by today, and I hope your day is a good one.

11 comments:

  1. I love Iris and this is just beautiful Ann.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love what you did, the flowers look at home in the basket and the embossed background, pearlescent, and the little flowers give it such a nice finished look

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful embossing and wonderful coloring! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday and Good luck! :D

    Hugz & TFS,
    xx Tracey/SS-DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Ann. I'm really impressed with the digital colouring.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card perfect for our spring blossoms challenge. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes
    Hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Ann, love the gorgeoius image. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Card. Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

    Hugs,
    Kate CDAC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card!

    Thank you for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card! Love the way you have embossed & added more demionsion with flowers on top of the embossing.

    Thanks for joining us Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Roxx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x