Friday, 2 March 2012

CACB #60

We've reached challenge #60 at CACB and this time our theme is Anything but a card. The whole DT have come up with some fabulous inspiration for you so do go and check them out for some great ideas.

I did a Scrapbook of our photos just after we got married 5 years ago and enjoyed it so much that I wanted to do a sepia one too but haven't had chance to get round to it until lately. I'm not just doing one though, I'm doing two! I've decided to do both a digital one and a physical one so I've got two pages to show you. Both are 12 x 12. This first one is the digital one.


The brown bp is from the polished stone earth tones collection, and the other papers and most of the elements are from the Cream Dream kit and I've used both frames from the gold frames 2 sheet, overlaying the smooth one on top of the textured one. (All from Crafty Ann's)

This second one is the physical one. I wanted to use the elements from the digital layout but don't have an A3 printer to be able to do the whole page as it stood. (There's one on my wishlist, but it may be there for some time yet!) I could have done it as an 8x8 but hubby has specifically asked me for a 12 x 12 album so I had to change it slightly. I'm not disappointed though and I love the result.


I've had a fair bit of scrapbooking stuff put away for ages because I wasn't in a position to use it for quite a while and when I went in search of the album I bought about 4 years ago, I found a treasure trove that I'd forgotten about - talk about a kid in a sweetshop!! Oooh! I did have a great time re-discovering it all! My base sheet is from a collection of hand made papers that I'd bought specifically for this project and forgotten about. As you can see, I printed off various elements from the digital page and cut them out for this page and added some embellishments from my stash. The flourishes are a Marianne's die and the lacy strip on the brown bp is a 10" rubber stamp and halo gold ep.


The stamp is a cube with 4 different lace designs on it that I've had for years and unfortunately it doesn't have a company name on it. 
I've really enjoyed making this hybrid page, and look forward to making more.

I'm entering my layouts into these challenges:
Thank you for visiting us today, I do hope you'll manage to join us for our anything but a card challenge.




12 comments:

  1. They are both so lovely Ann. Like you I do not have an A3 printer and I often do 8 by 8 digitally and then make it up to 12 by 12. Best of both world's I think.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea .......hybrid crafting excellence ha ha xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful layouts Ann. I think the hybrids probably work better with an 8 x 8 print. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Ann, fabulous layout
    Veryl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing LO's love what you created.

    Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ann Ive shared an award with you on my Blog, hope thats okay x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page Ann Love your work
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful! Love the heritage/vintage look
    Wanted to thank you for your visit glad you liked my pin cushion.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic Lo's, both styles! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful LOs! Thank you for taking part in MTTC's Circle Circus challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, such a keepsake. Thanks for joining in with the MTTC challenge this time. Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. absolutely fabulous - as are your cards but not enough time to comment on all.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x