Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Getting Ready For The Show



Today's card is for round #12 of the Progressive Challenge on CDAC. I won't get more than one done for this round so after much indecision I finally decided to use this lovely image by A Day For Daisies. I've coloured the image digitally using my pen and tablet and photoshop. I love having so many colours at my disposal. I created the mat the ladies are sitting on by digitally paper piecing a piece of bp from the Traditional Christmas scrapbooking kit into one of the journalling tags and overlaid my coloured image on top. The flowers are from the Cream Dream SB kit. The other two bps are from my stash and date back at least 5 years so it's about time I did something about using them. A few gitterations peel offs add to the sparkle and provide the finishing touch. It isn't often I use yellow prominently on a card and I don't know if I've ever done a yellow monochromatic one, but I don't know why because I really like the femininity of this one.
I'm also entering my card into these challenges:

Thank you for dropping by today, hope to see you again soon :o)


14 comments:

  1. This is FABULOUS Ann! Beautiful color choice and your coloring of these sweet ladies is perfect! Thanks for joining in the fun at CDAC and Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘USING DIGIS’ challenge. I hope you'll come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    and
    CDAC Board Member
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ann, this is absolutely gorgeous. Love the image and your layout is just perfect
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Ann. Beautifully coloured and crafted card.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann, how fabulous is this card. The colours are amazing, perfect colouring too. Hugs Rita xx

    ps. Thank-you for the kind comments left on my blog.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Anne, love the colours.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann,
    This is beautiful! The papers and colors go so well together and i love how you colored the image.

    Hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ann!
    Great card and lovely colours. This Image is so pretty! Thank you so much for joining us in our sparkle challenge at Digital Tuesday this week.

    Hugs, Natascha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog, yours is amazing, really inspired me - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card, I really love the layout.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful and eye catching design! Love your creativity and the sparkles are wonderful. Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous use of these colors! Those flowers are lovely and the image is fabulous =) Thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters for our Digi Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x