Saturday, 11 February 2012

COC The New WOW??


This card is for Progressive Challenge 11 at CDAC and when I saw this lovely image by Happi Scrappin' Doodles my immediate thought was to do a white on white card with the only colour being on the image topper. I usually like to have strong colours on the image for this type of card though and I'd just received the new limited edition pack of promarkers and couldn't wait to use them. The only trouble was, the pastels didn't look quite right against the white - so I decided to go with cream instead. I used some stardream card that must have been sitting unused in my stash for about a year but I decided that it was time to stop stroking and start using! It's actually more creamy than the photo shows and the effect is lovely. I've used some scraps of textured  gold card for the mat, flowers, flourishes and home made brads and some platinum stickles in the centre of the flowers. I'm also entering my card into these challenges:



19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Card. Love the four different texture plates used and it looks like you have used a die to cut through the entire face of the card. Great look. Thanks for playing in the CDAC 11.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Ann, I love that image Wendy used it recently.
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, Ann... a classy card.Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the look of this card, Ann.
    The soft pastels and cream are so pretty together - love your colouring of the image :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love this card Ann!
    A fabulous image, gorgeous soft colour palette and I love your take on the sketch.
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
    lol Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card Ann especially love the background. Thanks for playing
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a lovely card... I love the papers you've used & the image really stands out :)

    Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash... Good Luck :)

    Hugz Angie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Ann. The textured backgrounds add real dimension and the image is lovely. Thank you for sharing this at Rainbow Lady's.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous embossed background Ann and I love your colours. Thanks for linking this to The Stamp Man 'Texture' challenge.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like that image Ann and the background is great, glad you managed to use your stardream card but know how you feel. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady this week.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL gorgeous card Ann and the backgrounds are great. Well done on parting with some stash. Love Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful! love the colors and design
    Just wanted to pop in and thank you for your visit to my blog and checking out my cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ann,
    What a lovely & most charming card. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great card, Thank you so much for entering our FREE & EASY challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ann, what a lovely card - great detail with all the embossing.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card, Ann ;- ) Like how you added all the different textures! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty card ;o)
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week!

    Janneke XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card, great embossing :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the variety of embossing on this card.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x