Wednesday, 15 February 2012

Another Diamond.....

At least it would have been. It's our Queen's Diamond Jubilee this year and if my parents were still with us, they'd be celebrating their Diamond Wedding Anniversary today so I'm thought I'd share two layouts with you. I first started scrapping back on 2003 in order to preserve and document family photos so that future generations would know who was who etc. I got some done and then had to put the album to one side for various reasons and have only just been able to get my hands on it again recently. I will say at this point that my early efforts are mostly somewhat cringe worthy now and I would do things very differently! However the very first page I ever scrapped isn't actually too bad so I'm going to show you that and how I've also re-done the page for a digital album I'm creating.
This first page is a photo of my parents on their wedding day - all the photos are sepia and my mother chose her favourite to have hand tinted. This photo was in a frame in the living room all their married life. Sadly, their wedding day was also the day of the funeral of the late King and I can remember Mam telling me how difficult it was for them to get flowers so her bouquet was a little sparse. I do think the florist did a good job with what little she had to work with though - red carnations and green feathery ferny stuff (not good on plants, sorry!)


As you can see, the page is very simple - all I did was mat and layer and add some rub on roses either side. Fast forward to 2012 and you can see the difference the best part of a decade makes.......lol!


I've created this one using the Cream Dream Scrapbooking Kit for most of it. Although this is a digital scrapbook at the moment, I may well print it off to have as a physical one too. It's been lovely to create this page though and I do wish they were here for me to have been able to do a full scrapbook of their wedding for them as a present but I'm sure that where ever they are they'll be celebrating!
I'm entering this page into these challenges:
Happy Anniversary Mam & Dad!


10 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous Ann, love how you've framed the photograph with all the matting and layering. Carol x
    PS thanks for sharing at CFAS too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful L/O Ann and love your design, superb, such a lovely picture too.Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Ann,
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann these are beautiful, you mum's dress was stunning :)
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are very elegant and nice. Thanks for joining Pixie Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are stunning!!! Thanks for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons this fortnight....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ann~~My oh My what a wonderful keepsake!! Both the creations are gorgeous but oh yes time does show elegant change ;) thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is gorgeous! Very pretty!

    Thank you for joining us over at The Pixie Cottage!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful LO for a beautiful photo.
    A real treasure, Ann
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann I think that both the layouts are beautiful - the one from 2003 and the new one - just very different!

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x