Saturday, 21 January 2012

We Are Sailing.........


This is my first card for the current round (10) of the CDAC progressive challenge. I'm slightly out of my comfort zone with the way I've interpreted the sketch from The Pixie Cottage Challenge because I've left off the bigger bp I'd normally use and allowed the base card to take it's place. This is because it's a rather nice pearlescent blue and I didn't want to take the easy way out by using white card stock as my base. I'm still not 100% sure about it, but I'm leaving it alone. The smaller piece of card is 'white with a hint of blue' and has a needle cord texture but the photo doesn't show this up. The navy blue piece has been put through an embossing folder. All of these pieces of card have been in my stash for too many years to remember - in fact I had to dust the navy piece before I could use it, I'm ashamed to say! The image is one of the freebie ones for this round of the progressive challenge and is by Fire Cracker Designs which I've coloured using a mix of digital paper piecing for the sky and water and promarkers for the rest. I'm also entering my card into these challenges:

That's another of the birthday cards done I need for this month! Thank you for stopping by today.

7 comments:

  1. great card Ann, it looks well balanced and I like the swirly embossing folder!

    Thanks for joining in with the Tanda Teaser this time.

    Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Ann, I love the look without the extra backing paper. I love clean and simple. It's a fabulous image
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is a neat card!!! Pretty papers!!! Great take on the sketch at The Pixie Cottage!! Thanks for joining us this week ;) Hope you can join in the fun next week also ;)
    hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Ann, perfect for any guy and what a great stamp. Glad blogger has let me back in. -x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Ann, thanks for your great and kind words, I too lost the email as well, had to use the orange one that I rarely use now instead,as a contact one. but I was glad that I could still enter the challenges as that is all part of the enjoyment of crafty blogging. hugs heidix
    ps, I love this card especially that image perfect for me as I love sailing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card hun great image too
    thanks for joining us at creative craft challenges for our BLUE theme
    hugs sandra dt

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x