Saturday, 28 January 2012

Rose Trellis


I'm going to start this post with an apology for the quality of the photo - but I'm afraid it's the best of a very large, very bad bunch! No matter what I tried, some of the colour just seems to be leached out of it. The base card is actually cream not white. The panel is Rose Trellis just new in Crafty Ann's this week. I've coloured it in photoshop because I originally intended to use it on a digital scrapbook page then changed my mind.I backed with a piece of one of the papers from the Gold Collection before printing it - the paper is a victim of the 'leaching' too - in the photo, the centre looks white but it isn't. I've used my score board to emboss lines down the unadorned part of the base card which doesn't show up too well. The sentiment is a stamp I've had for ages and rarely use and I think it took longer to find it than it did to make the whole card - but it seemed to be just right with the roses. I stamped that with versamark and embossed with gold detail ep.
I'm entering my card into these challenges:

Thank you for dropping by today and for all the lovely comments you leave.

23 comments:

  1. Your card looks great. The roses and leaves almost look 3D with the way they've been colored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could master photoshop - great colouring. I had a bad day with photos so you are not alone.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. This is so stunning. Just love that Rose Trellis. Thank you for joining us at MAWTT and good luck.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow-this is stunning. The colour really pops against the rest of the card. Would love to be able to colour digitally!
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your computer skills sound pretty awesome...I think mine are sadly lacking!
    Great job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Ann this is just gorgeous. Love the trellis - beautiful.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful roses, lovely card
    Much appreciated, thank you
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely and bright Ann, the roses are beautiful
    Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The rose trellis looks fabulous Ann, love it. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Ann, your rose trellis is stunning
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card - the colours are beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card just jumped out at me in the thumbnails, such vibrant colours...beautiful card :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just gorgeous, love the trellis its beautiful!

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful Ann. Your right the sentiment matches perfectly.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the image and the colouring is just brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely stunning roses! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cheerful pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your rose trellis is just gorgeous. Wonderful digital coloring. I love it. :) ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card - love the stamp x
    Thanks for playing along @ paper crafting journey & stampin' for the weekend & good luck x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a fabulous image - the colour is so rich!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really pretty card, love the trellis. I too sometimes stuggle getting my photo quite right - glad it's not just me!!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x