Thursday, 5 January 2012

Happy Birthday


Here's another of the birthday cards I need for this month. I really enjoyed making it too. One of my favourite things about making my own cards is being able to do something I'm unlikely to find in a shop. This is another entry for round 9 of the CDAC progressive challenge. I've used one of the blank globes from Crafty Ann's which is one of the supplied images this time and I've teamed it up with one of the images we got for round 3 - the Oak Fairy from Gurukitty. (For more details of how this challenge works, see my post here.) I copied and pasted one of the leaves several times so that I could use them in the globe in place of the more traditional snow or glitter and I'm rather pleased with the result. I paper pieced both the base and the globe behind the fairy. The large backing paper, pearls and gold diamond shaped border are all from the Sweet Sage scrapbook kit and the two green squares are from the earth tones embossed dots collection.  The greeting was done in photoshop.

I have a Top Tip for you too (for Top Tip Tuesday): have a good look at your stamps and digi stamps and see if you can't find another use for them than they were maybe originally designed for. Globes are usually associated with winter or Christmas cards for example, but there's no reason why they can't be used to create something a little different for other occasions too. You could give your stamp and digi collections a whole new lease of life and your mojo a helping had too! :-)

I'm also entering my card into these challenges:

Thanks for popping in today - see you tomorrow!

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Ann,love your colouring and design, the image is so beautiful.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card and a great tip. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Ann, and your globe looks really good on a non Christmas Card, great tip thanks
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You absolutely have the right spirit for stamping...originality and creativity are the best inspiration for card making. Your card is just the perfect example as well. Love your globe and all those little leaves and that tip...AWESOME!!!

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
    A
    Lisa xx
    Come by and visit us next week. We'd love to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Ann (as always!) Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the design of this card. The colors are awesome. Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week and hope to see you back next week.
    Hugz,
    Christine DT at Incy Wincy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab card and a great Top Tip to share with us too :)

    Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge.

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely nature-themed card, great tip, thank you for joining us at Sunday Sketch & Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you enjoyed my digital image! I was scrolling through my blog feed and saw it :D It looks fantastic! yay!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x