It's time for challenge #54 at CACB and this time we have an either/or challenge for you. You can either follow the sketch or the theme of monochrome or do both. I've followed the sketch and almost managed monochrome but not quite! What I've used:
- Bps from polished stone and gold collections
- One of the labels from the unlined journalling labels sheet
- Santa got stuck in the chimney digi
- Stars from the embellishments sheet (all of these are available from Crafty Ann's)
- Papermania hand made glitter paper
- Frosted lace stickles
- Gold edged red ribbon from my stash
I digitally paper pieced the base of the snowglobe then added some of the stars to it before printing it off and colouring the rest with promarkers and stickles. I also digitally paper pieced some of the gold bp into the journalling label. Some slightly larger stars in the 4 corners finish it off.
I'm also entering my card into these challenges:
I like this sketch so I decided to make another one!
This one uses:
- Bps from the Crinkled, Embossed Dots and gold collections
- Label from the unlined journalling tag sheet
- Smooth gold frame #2
- Pre-coloured poinsettia sheet (all from Crafty Ann's)
- Crystal glitter on white ds foam tape (doesn't look much in the photo but looks lovely in real life)
I created the 'brads' in photoshop then cut them out and shaped them by running the ball of an embossing tool around the edge on the wrong side. The result is effective and attaching them with pinflair glue gel keeps their shape nicely.
I'm entering this one into these challenges:
Thank you if you've stuck with the post this long and I do hope you'll be able to join us this fortnight and also to check out what the rest of the DT have done, their work is gorgeous!