Friday, 18 November 2011

Oh! Oh!!


It's time for challenge #54 at CACB and this time we have an either/or challenge for you. You can either follow the sketch or the theme of monochrome or do both. I've followed the sketch and almost managed monochrome but not quite! What I've used:
  • Bps from polished stone and gold collections
  • One of the labels from the unlined journalling labels sheet
  • Santa got stuck in the chimney digi
  • Stars from the embellishments sheet (all of these are available from Crafty Ann's)
  • Papermania hand made glitter paper
  • Frosted lace stickles
  • Gold edged red ribbon from my stash
I digitally paper pieced the base of the snowglobe then added some of the stars to it before printing it off and colouring the rest with promarkers and stickles. I also digitally paper pieced some of the gold bp into the journalling label. Some slightly larger stars in the 4 corners finish it off.

I'm also entering my card into these challenges:


I like this sketch so I decided to make another one!



This one uses:
  • Bps from the Crinkled, Embossed Dots and gold collections
  • Label from the unlined journalling tag sheet
  • Smooth gold frame #2
  • Pre-coloured poinsettia sheet (all from Crafty Ann's)
  • Crystal glitter on white ds foam tape (doesn't look much in the photo but looks lovely in real life)
I created the 'brads' in photoshop then cut them out and shaped them by running the ball of an embossing tool around the edge on the wrong side. The result is effective and attaching them with pinflair glue gel keeps their shape nicely.
I'm entering this one into these challenges:
and I'm entering both into:
  • CHNCC - Whatever lights your candle (I'm going with the Whatever bit)
  • PIO - Traditional Christmas
Thank you if you've stuck with the post this long and I do hope you'll be able to join us this fortnight and also to check out what the rest of the DT have done, their work is gorgeous!


17 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Ann, love the poinsettia
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both gorgeous cards Ann, I love the Santa disappearing down the chimney
    Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them both - such a versatile sketch - the Santa one made me chuckle - thanks for another entry for my CHNC challenge 46 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh love this Santa got Stuck up the Chimney card Ann! Great image and love the way you've done the snow effect - looks fab! Gorgeous papers and layout - it's classy and fun !!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and good luck with the Challenge!
    and love your ponsettia card also - again very classy and beautiful papers!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cards Anne!! Thanks for joining us at CYP this week hope to see you next week too
    hugs
    Laney GDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two super cards Ann, I just love that image on the first one!

    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week and good luck with my Let It Snow challenge
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. what fun and pretty Christmas cards! THanks for playing the DTC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. two great cards, and it is a great sketch! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter,and good luck with the Challenge.
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards! Love that poinsettia!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful cards.Fun Santa image and stunning poinsettia.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the layering you have done, these are beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah these are super, I love the poinsettia one its amazing, thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fantastic card, the image is so cute.

    Thank you for joining us at FnF this week.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great, fun cards! Love the first one!! Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Ann,that flower is amazing,love the colours you have used.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun and lovely. Thanks for playing in our Snowflake challenge over at TPS.
    Love n hugs
    marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x