Thursday, 10 November 2011

Holly Fairy


Good morning bloggers - another Christmas card today. This one features the Holly Fairy by Ching-chou Kuik that was part of a prize I won a few weeks ago. I've coloured her with pro markers and used crystal stickles on her wing and platinum stickles on her hair. I must admit that it wasn't until after I had coloured the background that it occurred to me that I might struggle with papers! Fortunately, two earth tones ones came to my rescue. The large piece is from the Abstract 2 earth tones collection and the central strip is from the Embossed Dots earth tones collection and I used a couple of strips of the papermania hand made glitter paper to give it a lift. I've embellished with a robo die cut for the greeting and a couple of 3D short petal  flowers printed onto the back of gold mirri with the platinum stickles in the centre. I wouldn't normally use these shades of green for Christmas, but I rather like how they worked. Sadly, all the lovely glitter isn't showing too well in the photo.
I'm entering my card into these challenges:
Thank you for calling by today and I hope you are having a good one.


4 comments:

  1. A lovely bright and cheery card, Ann - thanks for another entry for my CHNC challenge 45 - hope to see you again soon (new challenge tomorrow morning) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is rather appealing Ann and love that backing paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Thanks for playing at Papertake Weekly. Carissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet stamp, lucky you to win her! Nice bright choice of colour.

    thanks for joining in with the Tanda Teaser!
    Suex

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x