Monday, 7 November 2011

Helping The Economy At Christmas!


This has to be my favourite Kenny K image and she has appeared on more than one of my cards this year so I decided to do something a little different and create a girly shopping trip. I flipped one of the images to face the other way so that they looked less like a chorus girl line up, lol! As soon as I saw how it looked with the three of them, I knew who this one would be going to.........a forum friend who has well and truly done her bit for the economy at the NEC over the weekend..........
I used one of the unlined journalling labels to create the mat they are on by paper piecing one of the gold papers into the shape and then overlaying it onto one of the smooth gold frames so that the frame provides the edge. The other two bps are from the new crinkled collection (all from CA) and the sentiment at the bottom is computer generated and the only embellishments are the home made gold mirri 'brads'. The topper and two pieces of red bp are raised from the card on foam pads which doesn't really show in the photo and neither does the crystal stickles I added to all the white parts of their clothing unfortunately but it does look lovely and sparkly in real life.
My card has been inspired by several challenges:

Thank you for dropping by today, I appreciate your visit.


14 comments:

  1. I love this image too and how you used that saying with it, cute card! Thanks for joining us at The One Stop Craft Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a jolly card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challene 45 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week for our 'Make it Sparkle' challenge!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks a bit of a cheeky card Ann, ideal one for the fellas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is awesome. I really love it. Fab job with the card and the sketch.
    Thanks for joining us at SFTW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous sparkle thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx
    PS I have some more new candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work Ann. Fab take on the sketch thanks for playing at SFTW hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card Ann, the image is superb and it is all so colourful
    Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful, I love the colours :)
    Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter & Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card, love the use of the image and great colouring :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun card, and to use teh image more than once.. so cool! Just love it and thanks for playing with us this week at KKKGC. Hugs Kattiz

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x