Friday, 4 November 2011

Floral Frenzy


Another fortnight has whizzed by at the speed of light and here we are with another challenge at Crafty Ann's Challenge Blog.
This time our theme is Floral Frenzy. This card changed so many times during the process of making it, it's untrue - and I'm still not sure how I feel about it to be honest. I've used the silver version of Butterfly 1, overlaid it onto a piece of digital paper then used the dodge tool in photoshop to do some faux 'bleaching'. It's a lovely effect. I cut it out and shaped the body and wings before attaching it with pinflair glue. I was originally going to place it onto a very large version of the 3D Short Petal Flower, but as I was laying out card, I decided I didn't like it so created the cluster instead. I used the petals from the 3 layers of the large flower to create a border instead and that's the bit I'm not sure of. The blue bp is from the new Crinkled Papers Collection 2. Everything is available from Crafty Ann's.

I'm also entering my card into these challenges:
  • Southern Girls - to be inspired by a song (Love is like a butterfly)
  • Sweet Stampin' - Anything Goes
  • PTW - Anything goes + a bit of bling or sparkle. (although it doesn't show too clearly in the pic, the blue bp is matted onto a piece of papermania glittered hand made paper)
  • Raise the Bar - No embellishments (as in 'hardware' embellies but paper ones are allowed)
Thank you for dropping by today and I hope you'll get the chance to join us at CACB this fortnight.


15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Ann, the butterfly looks fab. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Ann, you may not be sure about this but I am! It's totally gorgeous sweetie.
    lol Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks gorgeous Ann. I love the effects you've created, I certainly wouldn't know hwere to start with something like that! Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin x

    ReplyDelete
  4. really stunning card Ann - love it.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty card, love the butterfly.

    Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin.

    fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely Stunning card Ann. Hope your well. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and unique card. Love your color choce and butterfly amazing.
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Anything Goes” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Ann, gorgeous butterfly.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous creation Ann, just love the butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls :-D
    hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, love the shine on your card. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card love the hearts and the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your colours and butterfly....THanks for joining our SGC. Tanya :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x