Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Teen Birthday


This one is for our Granddaughter's 14th Birthday. I do find teenager cards can be quite difficult - it's striking the balance between too young and too old I think. I've been rescued this year by a lovely stamp by Elaine Cox that I won in a Sweetpea Stampers Challenge a couple of weeks ago. Isn't she lovely? Perfect for a 14yr old I think. I've coloured her with promarkers and added a touch of glitter with a clear sakura sparkly pen although this doesn't show up too well in the photo. My bp's are all from Crafty Ann's - the brown and orange from the Polished Stone collections and one of the crinkle collections that aren't in the shop just yet but will be by the end of the week. The text was done in photoshop and added to the brown bp before printing it off. The only embellishment is the 3D short petal flower in the top right hand corner. I've just used one layer this time though. I printed it onto the back of the gold mirri and have added some tiny papermania adhesive shimmer dots to the centre. I've also used one of the next size up of the shimmer dots to give her an earring.

Challenges entered:

Thank you for visiting :o)

12 comments:

  1. what a beautiful image and she looks gorgeous in these autumnal colours
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Ann, such a gorgeous image
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, I love the colours :)
    Thanks for joining us at SFTW & Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Ann and I love those autumnal colours too.
    I'm sure your grand-daughter will love this, I think you've got it just right for a 14 year old.
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
    lol Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is super and what a great card for a teen. Hope she has a great day. Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Ann, just perfect for a teen :)
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Play for our Autumn colours challenge
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just so gorgeous hun.....

    thanks for joining us at SnS...and good luck...!

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card hun..love the Autumnal colours & Thanks for joining in at sketch n stash...Good luck!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your autumn colours Ann! I'm so glad you entered this in our challenge at SFTW, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card!! Thanks for joinigs us at Digital Tuesday :) Greetings Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! I love the autumn colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely work, thanks for joining us at In a Sweet Pea Dream!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x