Wednesday, 19 October 2011

Santa's Treats


I'm in real Christmas card mode at the moment - this is the first of 3 Christmas cards I've got done over the last 3 days. I'll be entering it into 3 challenges but the first one I'm going to mention is Bah! Humbug! where the theme is Christmas Food. The only stamps I have that feature Christmas food are very small ones so I decided to draw a new digi to fill the gap. I've called this one Santa's Treats with his mince pie and a drop of egg nog. He's been very polite too and left a note of thanks! This last bit comes from my past - when my daughters were small, my Dad came over each Christmas eve after they had gone to bed to put their presents under the tree, and ate the mince pie and drank the wee tot of rum they left out for Santa as they went upstairs, then left a note of thanks in Santa's name. My mother was always the one to write birthday cards etc, so they didn't know his handwriting. They used to look for the note that was left on the plate with the crumbs and the remnants of the rum when we went downstairs on Christmas morning and were always thrilled when they found it!
The main bp is from the 8x8 Gold Collection and the other two are from the new Crinkle Collections. The central mat has been created using one of the unlined journalling labels and backed with a piece of hand made glitter paper from papermania - the photo isn't doing this paper justice I have to say - the sparkle is fabulous. The sentiment is computer generated and added to the gold bp before printing and the only other embellishments are the 3 home made 'brads' that I punched out of a scrap of the glitter paper. Everything apart from the glitter paper is from Crafty Ann's.
The other two challenges my card is for are:

Thank you for dropping by today. :o)

10 comments:

  1. great card Ann, I love mince pies, homemade of course

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ann, I'm totally loving this, Thanks ever so much for joining my Christmas challenge. X Fab

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, thanks for the happy memories of leaving just such a plate for Santa and getting a thank you when I was little then my girls.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is darling. Super fun. Thank so much for sharing it with us at CCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific card Ann, love your new crinkle papers - feel a spend coming on lol
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ann - this is a nifty little card. Love the theme and the crinkle papers are just brill.
    Have a great week and do pop back on Friday for our new challenge.
    Love from the Bah! Humbug! Design Team - Ann and Max who this week are both in the Yorkshire wing of the Hall and having a fantastic time shopping and crafting together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card! So glad you joined us for this weeks CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous card Ann, great image and I love that label too, what a clever idea.
    lol Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing that you didn't have a foodie image so just drew one, lol! Puts us stampers to shame! Join us again tomorrow at Bah Humbug for another great challenge.

    Hugs
    Brenda GDT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card! Love the woodsy feel. Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x