Monday, 10 October 2011

Mystical Halloween


I don't usually make Halloween cards, but this is my second for this year and I've really enjoyed making them both. The backing papers are new ones that I've been working on and normally I wouldn't use just the one design in different colours like this but on this card they seem to go with the mystical quality I was after for this one. This is one of the images we received for the 4th round of the first progressive challenge over on CDAC. It's a Delicious Doodles image and I love it. The shaped mat she's sitting on is from the unlined journalling tags sheet as is the sentiment plaque. I paper pieced it and digitally 'sponged' around the edges with brown to distress it slightly which was good fun to do. Then I decided to experiment - I printed the backing mat and uncoloured image off on glossy photo paper so that I could colour with promarkers. I wasn't sure whether this would work because I have some silk finish photopaper that doesn't like promarkers at all. As it happens, I like the effect on this paper, but because it dries so quickly you need to work fast and you can't blend the colours in the usual way. On the upside though, you don't need more than one colour to do the shading! You aren't left with a glossy finish, but the textured finish you do get is a nice contrast and the colours are still very vibrant. I don't have a dark purple pm so the hair and shoes are a combination of amethyst and cool grey 5.

I'm entering my card into these challenges:

Thank you for dropping by :o)


8 comments:

  1. Another great piece Ann, I love it
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Ann and those papers look fab. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann. Digial sponging, eh. I've not heard of this before but it seems to have worked really well. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree those papers look brilliant and the whole effect is really mystical.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of our sketch!! Lovely card, great colours.
    Thanks for joining in at Creative Craft Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely Beautiful Card. Love the sketch that you used too. Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE with us.

    Hugs,
    Kate CDAC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card! Very nice image, love the colors. Thanks for sharing at The Paper Shelter. Good Luck! hugs, Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely stamp which is coloured beautifully. Perfect for a 14 year old. Supeer card.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x